kaminari x reader

━ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ━

You were very aware that your boyfriend had a very perverted mind, and even knowing this you still somehow found yourself caught off-guard embarrassingly often. Right now was one of those times.

"Denki Kaminari, when I get my hands on you I swear to fucking god!" You were currently chasing a short-circuited Kaminari around the pool, arms thrown over your chest as he swam around with your bikini top in hand.

How he had gotten to be this fried was a long, complicated story for another time, but to summarize, that little smug-faced off-brand Pikachu was getting murdered today.

Your face was beet red as you finally gave up the chase, rushing over to the corner of the pool and sinking under the water to your chin, and facing the wall to shield your mortified expression and nude upper body. You had never felt this humiliated! Not only had your boyfriend taken advantage of your unfortunately loose bikini top, flying off after hopping into the water, but there was most of your class in the very same pool to bare witness to it all!

It was bad enough that it took a half-an-hour for your friends to convince you to take off the sundress you wore over your bathing suit and get in the water. And it was nice! For the first ten seconds that you were blissfully unaware that your top had slipped off, and was halfway across the pool by the time you noticed.

You would've snatched your top from the water, hopped out and never looked at a pool or any of your classmates again. Well, you would have if s o m e b o d y hadn't reached the striped floating garment before you.

You sunk even deeper into the water until only your watery eyes peered above the surface, staring intensely at the wall. You realized why Tamaki-san liked them so much.

You jumped when someone sat down at the edge of the pool above you. It was Midoriya, holding out his shirt to you with his eyes respectfully covered.

"H-here, L/N you can wear it to cover up until those two stop being such jerks." The green-haired boy looked over to Kaminari and Mineta who were giggling at the other end of the pool. You looked up to him like he was some sort of angel sent from heaven.

"Th-thank you! You're a life-saver, Midoriya!" You took the shirt gratefully, yanking it over your head and covering up your nakedness. You scrambled out of the pool and made a mad dash to where your stuff sat. You threw your sundress over Midoriya's shirt and your bikini bottoms, grabbing your purse and shoes and rushing over to the exit, trying to keep in the tears. "I-I can give you your shirt tomorrow!"

You heard a few voices call your name but you ignored them, retreating from the scene as quickly as possible. You had tears streaming down your face as you speed-walked to your dorm.

Your breath hitched when you heard someone call your name, and then turned to see Midoriya jogging to catch up with you. You groaned inwardly, slowing to a stop to let the boy approach you. He did help you out back there, the least you could do was wait for him.

"U-um, I'm sorry, I can go change real quick and hand over your shirt-" You started, hand rubbing the back of your neck.

"I don't care about the shirt!" He interrupted and you stared wide-eyed at the freckled boy in front of you. "I came to see if you were okay, L/N."

You sighed, wiping the tears from your face and shaking your head.

"No, not really... that was so embarrassing!" You wanted to crawl into a ball right there and just meld into the cement. If only you had a quirk like that! You've never been the jealous type, but you were feeling pretty envious of Mirio at the moment. He could hide whenever he wanted to!

You feel your green-haired classmate wrap you up in a towel, and then a tight hug as you tried to calm down. It was a bit awkward, considering you weren't necessarily close, but you appreciated the comfort he provided in your time of need.

"Thank you, Midoriya." You sighed, pulling away from the hug and adjusting your bag over your shoulder.

"N-no, problem. I'll go back and set things straight with Mineta and Kaminari, that was pretty messed up of them." He offered, eyes friendly and slightly vengeful.

As much as you'd like to permit Midoriya to avenge you, you didn't want to make an even bigger deal out of this. It's not like it would make you feel better.

"No, that's okay, I just... I'm just gonna go back and relax for a while." You managed a half-smile which he returned with a nod, telling you to text him or Uraraka if you needed anything before heading back to the pool area.

As soon as you stepped foot into your dorm, you launched yourself onto your bed and under the covers, not caring that you were soaking wet. All you cared about right now was hiding.

A little while later, you heard a few knocks at your door.

"Who is it?" You called from under the covers, now dressed in your PJs.

"I-It's me, baby." You heard the nervous voice of Kaminari filter through the door, slightly muffled.

"Go away!" You cried, burying your face deeper into your pillows.

The blonde-haired boy flinched, feeling the guilt weigh down heavier against his chest. He felt incredibly bad for what he did earlier, you didn't deserve to be put on the spot and humiliated like that just because his brain got fried and he got hyped up. He knew you were insecure about your body, and he knew even as screwy as his brain was at the time, he knew how shy you were when getting into the water. And he acted anyway.

Damn it, Denki. We get it, your girlfriend is super fucking hot and you wanted to show her off but seriously, that was a dick move and you know it.

"Look, Y/N, I'm really sorry! I was being a total dick out there, and... and I feel awful."

Fuck his sorry! You weren't going to let him off the hook for embarrassing you in front of the entire class!

"Sorry doesn't make me feel any better!" You shouted back, glaring angrily in the darkness under your safe and cozy covers.

"I know it doesn't... can I come in? Please? I want to make it up to you!" Kaminari pleaded and you only scoffed.

"Unless you have a huge bag of M&Ms and the second season of (Favorite Show), I don't want to fucking hear it!"

It was silent for a while.

"Give me five minutes!" He called through the door before you heard him dash off down the hall.

What?

He wasn't actually going to...

You poked your head out from under the covers, sitting upright. You stared blankly at the door for a few minutes, dumbfounded. And as promised, about four or five minutes later you heard someone clamber through the halls and pound on your door.

"Open up, I've got your M&M's, babe!"

Needless to say, that's how you made up.

━ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ━

tumblr
birds-have-teeth