keigo x reader

━ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ━

Sun is streaming through the window when Keigo wakes up.

You're gone from the bed - the space beside him holds the memory of your body, but when he passes his hand over where you're supposed to be, he misses the feeling of your skin. He cracks an eye open, blinks from the sudden light. The smell of your shampoo still lingers on your pillow and he takes a soft breath, letting the familiar scent rush over him. It takes a moment, but eventually he decides he should probably get up and get ready.

There's a gentle sizzle from the kitchen, followed by a rich smell of bacon. Keigo smiles to himself as he pulls an old shirt and some sweatpants on, running a decorated hand through his hair as he leaves the bedroom.

You're standing in the kitchen, flipping pancakes and turning bacon over in skillets. You sing softly - a song he's heard but doesn't care to remember the name of - as you do, the distant sun bathing you in a golden glow. Keigo comes up behind you and wraps his arms around your waist, pressing a kiss to the back of your neck before resting on your shoulder. You hum.

"Morning, beautiful," he murmurs, and feels the vibrations of your chuckle.

"Shouldn't I be saying that to you?" You respond, flipping a pancake over. "It is your birthday, after all."

Keigo blinks - oh, right - before he shakes his head against your shoulder. "Between the two of us, you're definitely the beautiful one," he says, and you laugh again. It doesn't take long for you to finish breakfast, and once you have everything off the stove and on the small table you turn around to face Keigo. Your fingers run up and down his arms.

"I love you," you tell him, and immediately his face shows surprise.

"Oh, wow," Keigo says, one hand draped over his heart, "I can't believe pro-hero Y/N just confessed to me... on my birthday!"

You roll your eyes and giggle at him, moving closer and wrapping your arms around his shoulders. You press a kiss to his lips and he gladly reciprocates, one of his hands cupping your cheek. It's a simple kiss - softer, lovelier than ones he's had with you before. You pull away but don't go far, and Keigo brings one of your hands to his lips.

"I love you too," he responds, and you smile up at him before taking his hand and leading him to the table.

"C'mon, birthday boy," you say. "Food's gonna get cold."

━ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ━

tumblr
adi—writes