Who do you want to be?

"Who do you want to be?"
"Who do you want to be?!"
"Who.. who do you want to be?"

Hero keeps repeating as he walks back and forth up and down the steps of the apartment complex. You listen to him occasionally looking up from your book, he has been practicing for this commercial for weeks and you suggested getting some fresh air.

He sits down beside you slightly rolling the script in his hands

"What if—" you hear the anxiety in his voice.

"You got this" you reply in confidence cutting him off.

"I just...have a lot riding on this Y/N I'm redefining what a man is, what he can be, what he wants to be. What if I'm to young what if people think I'm a joke?

You put your book down slightly turning "look at me."He looks over at you and you notice that his eyes aren't as green as they normally are. "No one deserves this more than you, you're one of the kindest people I know and if anyone has a problem with it honestly they should just go fuck themselves! You got yourself here and you should give yourself some credit for that this is just the beginning." You nudge him and a small smile appears on his lips.

"You always were great at pep talks"

You slide over laying your head on his shoulder "I'm just being honest after, all being real and honest gets you far" you smile.