Trust me. pt 3

I try to respond but he stops me

"I think about how he would have your laugh and my smile. I picture him running around with a huge smile on his face! Dimples shining just the way mine do, how he'd use certain Britain slang that I taught him." His voice, breaks but he continues, I just... I needed you.. I needed us I still do but you can't seemed to be bothered at least not by me and I can't stand it, thinking about you with him. I want you to be happy that's all I'll ever want! And If you really want to be with him, if you feel like he'll make you better, help you heal from this then I'll let you go. But if you're with him cause he's safe, a place for you to not have to deal with the pain, not have to deal with me that's not fair to him." He stops finally making eye contact. "I want us to deal with this together, but even if we don't..even if you don't want me there you owe it to yourself to be able to breathe again, to smile—"

I interrupt him. "Can you just stop! I'm so tried of everyone trying to tell me what to do, how to feel! And yes I gave up on you, so why are you here? Don't you get it you're better off? Don't you have a reputation to protect now?" I look up at him.

I know it's not fair the way I been treating him but he has a career, even better than before. He deserves that so who am I to mess it up?

"Don't you think that's up to me decide? You don't want people telling you what to do, stop telling me! I want you, I have always wanted you but you're always so damn stubborn it drives me fucking crazy!" He says pulling at his hair.

"Then leave if I'm so difficult" I huff rolling my eyes as I start to walk away

Hero grabs my arm turning me back to face him "Stop telling me to leave I'm not leaving, it's always what you say when you think you have to carry everything alone but you don't" he explains firmly then wrapping his arms around me.

I push at his chest but he doesn't move and in this moment I'm tired, so tired of fighting it.. fighting him.

"I wanted it... I wanted him so bad" I start to cry into him.

"I know and I understand that you're angry I'm just as angry but we owe it to ourselves...to him to be okay.

He leans down taking my face in his hands wiping it gently. "Everything going to work itself out trust me" he says with a small smile his dimples slightly showing.

[to be continued]