love n football

I started this with every intention of making it a short story. I have gotten into football/soccer recently, and I love Hero's love for the sport as well.

However, I am still working on my recent while having another story that is further along in the works, so I'm just going to post this here for now.
⚒️❤️

Declan

"Come on, man, I think it'll be fun, and if you think about it. It is an honor for Moyes to consider our opinions like this." I declare as I turn onto the road that leads us to the small pitch where the match has already started.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point there," Hero admits as I search the lot for a parking spot. "There's one over there." He points, and my eyes follow, nodding as I move in that direction.

"And who knows, maybe one of these girls will make an honest man out of you," I joke as I park the car.

"I'm good, thanks," he replies, sticking his hands into his light grey joggers as we both get out and make our way to the entrance.

"All I'm saying is all work, and no play makes Hero a dull boy." I laugh, lightly shaking his shoulders from behind as he stops checking out the crowd.

"To be such a small town, this match is packed! " Hero exclaims.

He moves through the sea of people, looking for open seating as he steps onto a higher section of the bleachers. He spots a space, luckily big enough for two, and moves towards it.

"True, I kind of expected it, if I'm honest," I convey as I sit down. "I have heard of this team before from a couple of other lads, so I figured why not seek it out," I shrug.

"I swear you're too nice for your own good sometimes."

"Everyone deserves a shot bro I mean, think about where you—" I suddenly stop mid-sentence when out of the corner of my eye. I see a girl coming into my line of vision.

Her mahogany-colored hair is pulled back into a high pony, and from the looks of it, she stands about 5'3.

"Damn, she puts you to shame, bro!" Hero exclaims, nudging me. As we continue to watch her play in the middle fielder position, quite flawlessly, I may add."The footwork, on that one sheesh!" he smiles lightly laughing.

"Yeah well, that one got you beat!" I point to the girl running up to catch the pass from the previous girl.

She moves so quickly and efficiently, weaving in and out at exactly the right times. Almost to the effect of, if you were to blink, you would've more than likely missed her.

They make brief eye contact, as the pass smoothly and effortlessly connects with her right foot. Kicking it making the ball sink into the right corner of the box, scoring the second goal of the game.

The crowd raises to their feet as they cheer, and she knees slides across the pitch, and her teammates come to celebrate with her.

"13 Chambers got it," Hero announces, continuing to film with his phone. "Monroe 35," he adds.

"I think they'll do great at the club," I announce over the cheers.

"I have to say I agree," Hero retorts slipping his phone back into his pocket.