Confusion

Mama Agnes stared ahead of her. Near her, a bearded man sat on a long chipped wooden bench, and he held a small green bottle of soda in his hand. Some bubbles fizzed on his unkempt beard. Red, brown stains; dark wet patches covered his faded blue kaftan. "Wetin I dey tell you, ask anybody here, na the same thing. You see this Oga Humble? Oga Humble on his gen for him backyard. The gen spoil and he now had to replace it. Do you know that I asked the man for small 5k, and he didn't give me? He has money to replace NEW gen for that matter! These fake friends, eh!"

A small woman with dark acne spots on her fair skin leaned closer to the man. She tightened the loosely tied pink shawl on her head. "Hmmm! Fake friend indeed! In fact, I know his wife, Adanma. She showed me one new ring on her finger three days ago! She said her husband bought it for 9k, nine thousand naira. You see, one other woman, Ada Humphrey, told me she asked them for 2k. Ordinary two thousand naira. They said they could not give her. They will still go and collect meat in somebody's house o! Fake friends, indeed!" Mama saw her nose scrunch. She adjusted her skirt and made herself more comfortable. A small chicken walked around her and pecked the ground near her feet.

Mama swatted a fly away from her forehead. The heat from the blazing afternoon sun beat her face. The air was filled with the choking smell of exhaust fumes and chicken poo. The aroma of raw red peppers and crayfish, hot shawarma, and spicy beef suya behind her made Mama's stomach rumble. She stood at the side of the road, in front of a line of shops.

One man in a tailor's shop behind her sprayed many twenty naira notes on the floor. In the next shop, a vegetable shop, a woman sprayed some water on fresh, plump, cabbages. A small girl tugging her orange ankara wrapper nibbled on a carrot. Mama bought some carrots and peppers from the vegetable shop not long ago. When she got home, she would make stew for herself and Nneka. Landlady's recent mission gave her some extra pocket money.

Cars zoomed past her. Some drivers stuck out their heads while driving and spat on the road. One driver's spit almost landed on her feet. Mama spat on his spit and muttered incantations under her breath. A black Honda Civic pulled up beside her. The passenger window wound down, and a woman in huge black glasses peered at her. "Enter and be quick." Mama scurried to the door and yanked it open, then she sat on the grey leather seat. The car sped off as soon as she sat down comfortably.

Nneka left her shoes at home for the third time. After murdering Destiny, she felt a strong desire to kill certain people. She couldn't remember how she would track them down, but she knew her feet were shoeless. She stepped over gravel, broken glass, nails, and wood, but the skin was as good as new. Her mind currently had one thought: eliminate Bilkis.

A white light flashed before her eyes. It was a vision. She saw an image of Bilkis pouring a bottle of yellow dust into a bowl of what looked like dough. The dough sizzled and turned dark brown. Tiny red dots roughened its smooth texture. She dipped a gold plated spoon in the bowl, and when she removed it, only the handle remained. She cackled and threw a handful of flour into the mixture, then the vision ended.

Nneka rushed to the house, holding a black polythene bag of leaves and a wooden spoon in her hands. She barged into the house, and swung the door open, before banging it shut. As soon as she entered her room, she pulled out a white candle, a small metal dish, and a transparent bag of salt. She dumped some salt into the metal dish using the wooden spoon, added a few leaves, and spat in the dry mixture. She lit the candle with a match and let it burn for a minute. A small cloud of neon yellow smoke began to fill the air. There was a faint scent of soil and oranges in her room.

She quickly held the dish over then candle and waited three minutes. The smoke turned blue, and the room smelled of ice. The mixture transformed into three small brown cubes; they looked like wooden cubes. She swiped the cubes off the dish and tidied up her room. She hid the cubes and waited for Mama. Four minutes later, Mama Agnes entered the house. Mama bellowed at the empty parlor. "Nna! Nna! Are you home?" "I'm coming Mama!" She changed into a blue dress and walked over to help Mama.

Bilkis held G-Boss by his collar and shook him frantically. Someone shot him in the chest with a bronze bullet, her signature bullet!

What just happened!!?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there! I've decided to release this chapter early, and leave a little cliffhanger while I work on some more stuff. Who do you think may be responsible for G-Boss's death? The sly, cunning Mama Agnes, or the recently evil Nneka? I'd love to hear your opinion in the comments. Stay safe, and stay tuned!✨👍🦆