Bilkis

Bilkis stood frozen, trying to understand what just happened to her. Her heart pounded against her chest, her fingers were sweaty and stiff, and her eyes felt dizzy. She retched as she vomited some of her breakfast-yam and fried egg. Pinkish tears rolled down her cheeks. Dennis glanced at Nneka and nodded at her.

Nneka rolled a small paper between her fingers. A faint but choking smell of smoke slowly filled the air. Dennis patted his left trouser pocket five times, and a red worm crawled out of his trouser leg. Bilkis whipped her head towards the couple, glaring at them with extreme hatred in her eyes. "I see you got a new toy to play with, Nneka." She sneered at Dennis, whose The worm slithered towards Bilkis, growing fatter as it approached her.

Bilkis shrieked and raised her hand to the ceiling, then she quickly made a fist. The worm squeezed and bulged from its head and belly until it was about to burst. Its body stretched and writhed as Bilkis squeezed her fist tighter. Nneka and Dennis leaned against each other and smiled smugly at her. Bilkis grimaced, then she smiled as the worm burst. Her glee quickly transformed into fear as the air spouting from the large hole in its body suddenly wrapped around it.

Flaming embers sprouted from its skin and hit her feet. The room was immediately filled with the strong smell of burning flesh. Large blisters filled with brown pus rose from her skin and exploded on the carpet. She howled in pain as the flesh on her feet were eaten up. A few of the bones in her feet rolled out of the burnt flesh, which looked like melted caramel. She wailed and flailed her arms on the floor. Her face was a mess. Blood streamed out of her eyes, and she stretched her hand towards Dennis, begging him to save her. "That evil dog has done this to me! Help me!" Dennis pulled two small stools from a corner of the room and placed them before Bilkis.

Nneka walked to her stool, sitting next to Dennis. She rubbed a little Vaseline on her lips and kicked Bilkis's face. "You are very stupid. Bilkis, you are only good for intimidating and harassing people. I'm not surprised that the real G-Boss pushed you aside for Adanma, that dark girl with big breasts, and lots of sense." Bilkis's face turned ashen, and her breathing hitched. "Efezino sold you Etibigi, cursed sugarcane that cuts off the rest of a person's life if they eat it. You have until midnight before you die." "That's impossible! My cowrie bracelet shifted, but-" "It shifted, and you ignored it. You're actually the dumbest female juju wielder I've ever seen. The most important rule for juju wielders is that you never doubt the shifting of a cowrie." Dennis's voice rolled off his tongue like honey.

Bilkis's last day on Earth flashed before her eyes. Earlier that day, she planned to ambush Efezino in her house in Ijebu. She held a lot of hatred in her heart for her after learning about G-Boss's fake feelings for her. The boy used her like a condom, he used her once and threw her away forever. She thought about how he seemed to have wanted to get back with her after failing to hook up with a busty but stupid housegirl. After having an unsuccessful makeout in her master's house, he went around their area and spread embarrassing truths about her.

"The girl's bras all smell! She get strong body odor o, and her armpit and privates are bushy like one Africa Magic Evil Forest. The girl even finished her period, but she kept open pads at the end of her room! I no fit kiss her again after entering her room! If you must do her, make sure you go bathe with holy water first!" The news spread like the wind before a heavy rain. The girl was immediately pelted with insults and filth from the gutters, especially filled, used pads with maggot swarming in them. Jealous girls took videos of her and posted on Facebook while the boys watched.

The boys were all sore that their football team didn't win that day's match, and they needed something exciting to watch. No one helped her, including her closest friends. That night, after the crowd dispersed, she drank bleach and poured it on her eyes while sitting on a heap of garbage. She figured that she was already trash, and her friends wouldn't even be bothered to carry her rotting corpse to the trash heap for her. Before dying, she betrayed her strong Catholic faith by chanting a dangerous incantation. "Some people have themselves, others have God, but I only know death and anger." She repeated this six times, twice in Hausa, once in French, twice in Yoruba and once in Igbo. As soon as the last word left her lips, a stream of blood flowed out her eyes, killing her. In her armpit, a black, crusty boil formed. The next morning the crowd burnt the trash heap, setting her body ablaze with the filth. G-Boss watched her body burn while caressing her cousin.

She remembered how one of G-Boss's lackeys dragged her from his body the day he was shot with her bronze bullet. She would have fainted if his lackey didn't explain the situation to her. "Girlie! No be my boss be that! That one na him autism twin! I think say he even deserve die. The boy na useless load in this place." Rage filled her eyes as she watched G-Boss's twin twitch and splutter as she found herself stepping on his bullet wound. The lackey soon threw her on his shoulder, running like a cheetah as other lackeys gathered to get rid of the useless body. She hated him to her bones for lying to her. As much as she tried to, she knew that she would never understand the motives behind his twin's murder. She didn't even know how she lost one of her bullets, but she vowed never to let any more out of her sight.

She sulked as she walked past a group of children clutching pieces of strawberry flavored candy. An old woman selling sugarcane called out to her. She suddenly felt herself getting thirsty, it was as if someone was baking her throat in an oven. The woman handed her a very fat, juicy sugarcane. Syrup and water gently flowed down from it on her hand. "Very sweet sugarcane. Very refreshing. Only fifty naira." The woman smiled widely at her. Bilkis bought two more, and she walked away. Passersby scowled at her for not eating it properly. She mashed the cane with her mouth open; some bits and pieces bounced on her shirt to the floor. As she slurped the juices from the sugarcane, the old woman waved her hand in the air, then grasped a small speck of red dust. The sugarcane became plumper, and its juices became sweeter.

The sugarcane had a sweet, intoxicating scent and juice that muddled the senses of anyone who ate it. From the way she walked, Bilkis seemed drunk. She returned to normal after finishing the sugarcane. The sweetness of the first sugarcane was too much for her, so she threw the rest into a gutter.

 The sweetness of the first sugarcane was too much for her, so she threw the rest into a gutter

The sugarcane she was eating.

As she took her last breath, she saw the smiling face of Nneka and cursed herself in her heart. She was as foolish as Nneka called her. She died with an ant in her mouth. As soon as she died, Nneka and Dennis ran to the back of the house, as they sensed Efezino approaching.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Don't forget to vote!💎💎❤ I just decided to clear up some issues from the past like G-Boss's death. I hope to see you again soon! Stay tuned!🦆💖✨