Chapter 3

i inhaled sharply before turning my head to see what was happening. there was a man at the front counter aiming a gun at the cashier, who fell to the ground seconds later with a bullet to the brain

a tear fell from my eye, he didn't have to die! 

i step away from our table and walk towards the man with the gun. he turned to me and i froze. my eyes widened and so did his before a smirk appeared on his face 

"what are you doing here?" i asked slowly backing away

"i could ask you the same thing. aren't you supposed to be dead my love?"

"don't you ever call me that!!" i yelled at him. "aren't you supposed to be in jail?" i asked and he shrugged "i got bored, so i left" he said with a smirk and started walking towards me. so i started walking away

that is till i hit a wall.

he leaned in close, he started unbuttoning my shirt.

i look over to Tae and then look at the customers and he signaled them to get out while he was distracted. Charlie was almost out the door before she ran back towards me and threw Luke off me.

she stood in front of me with her arms spread out to protect me and by the look in her eyes she has already figured out this is her father.

he hit the wall pretty hard but he bounced back in seconds. he looked at us 

"oh? and who's this? naughty Y/n, did you have a child? that isn't mine?!?!" he was getting very mad. he came rushing towards us with his gun aimed at Charlie, and no matter how many times i told her to move she wouldn't. 

so right as the gun went off my instincts kicked in, i shoved her out of the way and took a bullet to the shoulder. i coughed up blood before looking back at the monster. 

"she's the child you tried to drown 14 years ago!!" i yelled at him while glaring at him as hard as i could. his eyes widened "but i killed her! i made sure of it!!" he yelled back as if i was lying 

"well no thanks to you she's alive! and look at how beautiful she is! you always thought she was ugly. but in reality you were the ugly one!!" i yelled at him, before coughing up more blood.

i took my eyes off him as i continue to cough and soon i felt my hair being pulled, bringing my head up to look into Luke's eyes. those damn blue eyes, why do they have to curse my world?

"she did turn out pretty beautiful. why don't we make another one?" he asked with a smirk and i spit in his face at Tae came up and pulled him off of me, throwing his against the wall pretty hard and throwing punches.

Charlie rushed to my aid and tried to apply pressure on the wound to stop it from bleeding. 

i reach down to my skirt. i hold it with my injured arm, and with my good arm i rip a good section off, then i handed it to a worried Charlie 

"i can get a new skirt, but i can't get a new shoulder" i said and she used the cloth to try and stop the bleeding.

"hold that!" she demanded. i did as she said, then she ran for her phone. she dialed a number before putting it up to her ear and said something before hanging up and putting it down on the table.

and then, i saw my life flash before my eyes, it all happened so fast, but at the same time not fast enough.. a bullet flew past her throat. and before i knew it. she fell on the ground. bleeding out.

i stubble towards her.

i grab a handful of napkins from the table beside her and applied pressure in the spot of the wound, but i applied in so it wouldn't suffocate her, but at the same time it would stop the bleeding

within minutes the polices and medics arrived. taking Charlie and me to the same hospital in the same car prier to my request. and Luke was sent back to prison where he belongs

i started getting really dizzy and look at the floor of the van and see blood underneath me, which I'm assuming was my blood.. that wasn't good.

"are you okay Ma'am?" asks one of the medics, i couldn't speak so i just shook my head, which was a bad idea cause now I'm more dizzy.

before i know it I'm falling forward, blacking out before i hit the ground..

-

i woke up in the hospital.. haven't been here in a while. i look at the date on the chart next to me. I've been out for 2 days, it could've been worse.

i quickly turn my head when i hear my door open. Tae came in, something happened when i was asleep, his eyes are red, he's looking at the ground, and the scary part is. he wasn't smiling.. something really bad happened

then it hit me 

"is Charlie okay?!" i almost shout scaring him. he looked up at me before letting a tear fall. "you should see for yourself." he said before calling a nurse to help me out of the things hooked up to me. 

i slowly walked to Charlie's room down the hall with the help of Tae.

when we get there i prepared myself for the worst.

but no matter how much i prepared myself, i was never going to be ready to find out what i did.. i saw Charlie sitting on her bed. when she heard the door open she looked over at us ad waved. she. waved.

i looked at Tae with a questioning look and all he did was nod with a sad look in his eyes. i took my hand out from around his arm and broke my hands to my face

'are you mute?' a language i haven't used in quit a while. 

a tear slid down her face and she brought one of her hands up, made a fist then came a nodding motion 

'yes'