Chapter 8.1

...Many lives were lost, and many were saved. The Third World Ninja War had devastated lands, but it had also united many, if not all of them.
Naruto and Sasuke had finally set their rivalry into a healthy point of its relation, and after only a few months of mourning and rebuilding relationships and terrain, Konoha already flourished once again, and everyone in the village was happy.

Just like in the original plot, to which after so long you'd finally began to forget, Naruto was still much too young to become Hokage, so, as Lady Tsunade finally took a breather from her seat, it was handed over to Kakashi Hatake.

You and Sakura accepted your new places as Jonin of The Leaft, whilst Sasuke and Naruto decided to work their ways up, still. As expected of the two strongest shinobi in all of the lands, they still wished to keep on learning and thriving to grow stronger, you always thought to yourself.
But frankly, after the war, there was only one thing left on your mind...

Whislt Sakura nearly instantly became overflowed with work as the new vice-head of Konoha's Hospital, you kept your choises out in the open.
Being a Jonin now meant more than one of two things to you:
First, as a ninja, the sky was the limit for you. Any kind of job, any kind of request and mission, you could now take it head-on, and you felt confident enough to do so.
Second, being a Jonin meant that your path as a student of another was now officially over.

You opened the door to the Hokage's office, and was met with the sight of Kakashi thoroughly going through piles and piles of paperwork and whatnot, making you chuckle. Even thought you expected this already, you felt like you'd never get used to seeing Hatake Kakashi in such a workloaded position, for he always looked so calm and relaxed in front of you up until now.

"I came upon your request, Lord Sixth." You announced as you closed the door behind you, and a playful smirk could be heard through your words.
Kakashi simply looked up at you and sighted, though he sounded somewhat relieved, and he motioned you to walk a little closer to his desk.
"What did you call for...?" You asked, slightly tilting your head to the side.

"Everyone's busy these days, I have a small mission I need you to take." Kakashi stated, gaining your full attention now.
"Lady Tsunade is going on a trip to The Sand, and both Shizune and Sakura have been a tad too busy lately, so they can't accompany her. As her next most preferred option, she requested you to go with her." Kakashi explained, his words making you contour your face with confusion.

"Sure, I may be her next best option but.... you're saying that the previous Fifth Hokage is willing to pay me to keep her company through her vacation's time?"

"Well, the job's one that could be fulfilled by just about any gennin in theory, and because of that the payment isn't a big deal, but still, don't underestimate what it takes to take care of another human's needs 24 hours per day non-stop." Kakashi sighted, leaning back on his chair. You followed his gesture and sighted as well, slowly nodding your head in understainment.

"So basically, she's hiring a temporary maid... fine then, for how long?"

"A week's time, you leave tomorrow, 7 a.m., sharp."

"..."
You stared back at Kakashi for a while, his distressed expression making your heart tighten, and you end up turning your head to the side with a small pout forming in your lips.
"....For a moment, I thought you'd called for something else...." You muttered, though it was loud enough for him to hear.
He looked back up at you with a somewhat surprised expression in his eyes, as you now turned your back at him, readying to leave.

"-Wait."
You stopped in your tracks at his call, and when you turned around to look, he was already only centimetres away from both your face and body, his arms reaching out to hold your figure even closer to his.
With nothing better to do, you simply hug him back, your lips still cutely, unconsciously forming a pout, making Kakashi chuckle.

"You always manage to put me in a better mood somehow." He softly mutters, a deep, blood red blushing up to your whole face.

"Somehow, what? It should be obvious to you by now..."

*****************************