Chapter 7.2

You were officially homeless, along with more than half of the village.

Good news, you had a tent for you share with Sakura, Hinata, Tenten, and Ino, your fellow Gennin female friends.

After you settled the remaining of your belongings down, you went outside only to meet the landscape built by Captain Yamato's hard work (as the only wood-style user, he was playing a big part into rebuilding the village). You stretch out your arms as you gazed towards the setting Sun, and let out a sight in delight.

You decided to go on your way, and take a small walk. Surely, someone out there would probably want your help for something. Anything. Because nearly anything could deviate your mind from what happened between you and Kakashi before.

'What's with him, showing me his face just like that? Isn't he scared that I'd use my drawing skills to expose him to the rest?'
You huffed at the thought, before you chuckled over it for the 'drawing skills' part. All you'd be able to do properly would be a smiley emoticon with a beauty spot on the side, most likely and probably.

But then again, you thought, it was the first time ever that your mind still lingered over one's face so vividly: usually, you'd forget at least most of one's face as soon as you looked away, or, if asked, you wouldn't be able to properly describe one's perfectly. But for the first time, it was as if you could remember every little detail in his expression. How his mouth curved up perfectly to create such a sly smirk,  nearly the exact coordinates of where his beauty spot was, and exactly how bright his eyes were, all this, as if you'd been studying his features for hours.

You could feel yourself blush at this point, and bring your hands to your cheeks, hoping that they could cool them down a little.

"Oh, one of my eternal rival's youthful students! [Y/N]-san, you seem troubled, perhaps I may help you, as a fellow--"

Lost in thoughts, you didn't even notice Gai-sensei calling out to you, and simply ended up passing by him. He ran up to you once you were about a meter away already, and touched your shoulder to call you out; a gesture which sent a chill down your spine, making you shriek.

"G-G-G-Gai-sensei!" You stuttered, your face covered in a million shades of red.
"I-Is something wrong?!"

"Certainly...." He answered, backing away a few steps, posing for you before he proceeded to speak:
"...With you, youthful child, there is!" At his response, you simply stared at him incredulously, waiting for him to explain himself.
"Your face describes one of a maiden in love better than those books of my eternal rival's ever could!" You now felt yourself freeze over his remark. A disgusted look rose up to your face.

"You read those, Gai-sensei? No, regardless, please don't compare me to whatever those books may have in them." You stated, making Gai-sensei shake his hands up nervously.

"No no no, that's not it!" He screamed.
"Either way, I understand that it may be hard to speak about such profound feelings, which is why, youthful child, you may speak with me, your Gai-sensei, about it. Whenever!"

"...I know it's hard sensei, and I appreciate the worry and all, but don't worry. I'll speak with Sakura about it if I feel like it.... so.... yeah.... bye."

Gai simply stared at your figure in shock as you walked away.

'What in the world, a maiden in love?! Do I really look like that? But the person I was thinking of was Kakashi-sensei! Does that mean...? No! No way! It definitely can't---!'

You thought hard over the inevitable. You'd known for a long time of your growing feelings for Kakashi, but you were too stubborn to admit them, so you dismissed them in the end instead.

Why was it, that nearly everytime you thought of him, he'd show up?

And just like right now, just as you thought about such strong feelings about him, as soon as his figure in the distance reached your eyes, everything seemed to click. As if now, for the first time, everything made sense. Your feelings suddenly began to overflow, and a lump got caught on your throat, like something inside you was stuck, and waiting for you to open your mouth so you could scream it for the whole world to hear.

Kakashi-sensei, from the distance, noticed your figure frozen on the middle of the streets, and so he walked up to you.

And as he was about to open his mouth to ask you what was wrong, you cut him off:

"...I love you..."

********************************