Chapter 7.1

The village was steadily being reconstructed at the cost of Captain Yamato's exhaustion, and nearly everyone had been released from the Konoha's Hospital by now, but you were still there, more tests being run on your body.

Lady Tsunade had fallen unconscious after all the chakra she'd exhausted to heal wounds during Pain's attack, and so Kakashi was now going through many (troublesome) procedures in order to become a stand-in, sixth Hokage of the village.

Sakura kept you company now as she revised the tests results made on you.

"It seemed like you already knew about your body's condition before after all. Why didn't you say anything before?!" Sakura scolded you, making you laugh nervously. She sighted, before smiling back at you.
"Good news, however, after all that happened your chakra source seems to have replenished and is filtering healthily like it should, and being replaced with some rest on its own now. You're all normal." She stated, making you sight in relief.
"... [Y/N], if you knew about it, and why, then why didn't you tell us? We could've helped."

"...I know that you'd do your best to do so... but..."

"Yeah?"

"I didn't want to leave. And I now realise that. So, please, forgive me, Sakura-chan." You lowered your head apologetically, although you only made Sakura feel even more puzzled.

The door to the Hospital room opens, and Kakashi came into the room, lifting a hand up into one of his regular greetings.

"Yo."

"Ah, Kakashi-sensei. You know what? It seems our plans from before were found out. [Y/N] knew all along." Sakura stated, a wry smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah well, I figured." He answered, smiling back at Sakura.

"Er... but anyway, when can I leave? I feel great already, Sakura, so please--"

"The last time you did that, you came right back! This time you'll stay until a doctor properly tells you to leave." Sakura scolded, as she picked up her materials and began to leave the room.

"...I'm going to check on Lady Tsunade-sama, so just rest for now. Kakashi-sensei, I leave her in your care."

The door shut behind her, and you turn to look at Kakashi, smiling wryly.

"And at what do I own the pleasure of your visit, Lord Sixth?" You ask, earning a sight from him in response.

"How do you always seem to know of what happens around here before anyone else does, I wonder." He muttered, making you sweatdrop.

"E-Eh? Wasn't it announced already? W-Well, I was just guessing, it's not like I knew already. I mean, if anyone were to--" You stuttered, before you were cut off.
"Ka-Kakashi-sensei! What are you doing?!" You freak out, as you notice him slipping down his mask with his finger.

He leaned down towards you, his one eye investigating yours, making you blush brightly at the sight of his bare face.

"Back then, you could tell as well, couldn't you?" He asked, making you laugh nervously at his remark.

"W-When?" You replied, although your lie was easily seen through Kakashi, making him smirk in response.

You normally wouldn't have even noticed it, but now, with his mask down, the visage was as clear as day.

His face suddenly seemed to reach even closer towards yours, and your eyes froze, analysing his every action as if trying to make sure of what he was doing.
But he quickly went back once again as the room's door swinged open, Naruto barging in with Sasuke right behind him.

They bickered with each other whilst your eyes were still frozen on the moments before, and you feel Kakashi glancing down on you before he turned to his other pupils.

"Naruto, you shouldn't be so loud; we're in a hospital." He said, his eye half closed.

You snapped your gaze back at him, only to notice his mask back on.

'Of course it is...'

You layed lazily in your hospital bed, staring at the sealing as if a play was running on it, and you were alone in that room. But strangely, you didn't feel bored in the least.
After everything that happened with Pain, it would be to expect that at least half of Konoha's population would be flooding the hospital, but on the contrary, everyone was outside entertaining themselves in reconstructing the village.

You glanced outside the half opened window and smiled softly at the peaceful scenery, a soft breeze brushing tiny hairs to the side of your face. And chuckled at the sight of Kakashi and Gai-sensei flying through the air, throwing kitchen utensils at each other mid-air.

You layed back on the bed once again, your eyes still glued to the blue bright skies, and slowly, your eyes begin to close into a light, yet reassuring sleep.

No matter how light your sleep was, you still didn't awaken with the soft brush of his hand, that later on caressed you cheek.

************************

________________
A/N: In case you don't remember the "race" I mentioned earlier:

Also, thank you, everyone, so much for 1K+ !! ><