Send Me An Angel

~ This sucks, sorry ~ 

Chloe’s P.O.V

“Michael?” I push the door to my room open, balancing a water bottle on the box of pizza I just received. “Hey, I got us some food.” I place the pizza box on the desk and sit down next to Michael on the bed. He’s laying on the side staring into the wall and he doesn’t seem to have moved an inch since I left the room an hour and a half ago. “Come on Mikey, you need to eat something.”

“No thanks, not hungry.” he mumbles and pulls the blanket higher. I sigh, unsure of what to do, and get up again.

“Alright, I’m gonna go call Luke.” he doesn’t answer and I walk back to the door. “I’ll just leave the food here, if you change your mind.” when I leave the room Smitty, my cat, runs into it. I decide to let him stay, knowing that Michael likes cats, and walk down the stairs. Judging by the time, Luke should be out of school now and since I haven’t answered any of his calls today it’s not more than right that I call him. And so I do.

“Chloe?”

“Yeah, hi. Sorry I didn’t call you back sooner.” I walk back into the kitchen and lean against the counter, looking out on the boring London weather.

“no it’s fine, I just uh...what’s going on? Did something happen?”

“Yeah, well not to me really. I just got a call early this morning. Michael called.” I hear him stop walking and the angry calls from people bumping into him.

“What?” he says after a moment. “wait...what? I thought he was with his...friends. you know? Thought he’d be back home when we got back from school.”

“He was, I think he was yeah.” I say, running a hand through my hair. “but he called me and he wasn’t feeling well so I took him back to my place, he’s here now.” I wait for an answer but all I hear is people yelling somewhere close to where Luke is, so I’m guessing he’s still at school. “Maybe you should come over yeah? Get him home.”

“Yeah, yeah you’re right. I’ll come over as soon as possible, should I tell the others?”

“No, don’t do that.” I say, Luke doesn’t know what really happened and I don’t think telling the others right now would be a good idea. “just come over and we’ll talk about it.”

“Okay, I’ll be over in fifteen.”

~

Luke knocks on the door fourteen minutes later and I let him in, walking into the livingroom and sitting down. He follows me and drops his bag on the floor next to the couch before taking a seat.

“what happened?”

“I don’t really know to be honest.” I admit. “He called when I was getting ready for school and he was asking me to come and get him and I did. We got back here and he took a shower and since then he’s been in bed, staring at the wall.”

“Do you think something happen? Like he’s never been like this before right?” I bite my lip, hating the fact I have to lie to Luke but knowing it’s the right thing to do in this case.

“I don’t know, maybe he tried something new, maybe something did happen but we won’t know until he tells us and we shouldn’t speculate, it’ll make things worse.” Luke nods and looks around the room, his eyes scanning the photos of me as a child that’s hanging on the walls together with a few diplomas.

“Do you think I should talk to him? I mean he haven’t really...acknowledged my existence lately.” I nod.

“Yeah, but he needs someone now, and you’re the closest to family he has here.” Luke nods again and I stand up. “come on, maybe you can get him to eat a little. He’s so skinny, have you noticed?”