Chapter 1 - Spice Things Up

Disclaimer - Hello! So I thought of this book last night jamming of to some music. After staring off into space for 30 minutes I wrote down the plot, characters and some of the songs for this book! I'm even using really People, Youtube Channels, Shows and other factors that tie this to the real world. I don't own any of these outside sources nor am I sponsoring them. I will inform you throughout the book what I own and what I don't~

If you love BTS then this is the book to read but I want to warn you that I am not apart of the BTS Army. I don't know much about them but I do listen to some of there songs. I needed an Asian character so I chose V!

 If your a hardcore fan of BTS then please go easy on me if I get his personality, likes or dislikes wrong! I will be doing and have done some research on the group and V in real life, so I am trying to make this as realistic as possible.

Finally, If you have any suggestions on places or websites to go for information on BTS and it's members please leave it in the comments! I know for a fact that any help will be a good help because I want this book to really thrive! I hope you enjoy it, now let's get to reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October of 2017

"Essence! The booming Dancer that's shaking up youtube with her skills! From her first video dancing off of Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato in 2017 to getting 7 million Subscribers in the span of 3 months!"

*Swipe*

"This masked Dancer is amazing! I wonder who's the girl behind the mask!"

*Swipe*

"After doing some research on our Splendid Dancing Queen, I found out that the symbol on her mask is the alchemy Symbol for Essense! Our Queen got brains and talent!"

*Swipe*

"The clothes she wears are gorgeous, but how does she breathe under that bodysuit!?"

I turn off my phone, walking over to the camera, turning it off and packing it up. "All I have to do is edit then post." I look at the empty dance room, to see if I'm missing anything. Seeing nothing I head to my changing room and get out of my outfit. 

Finally taking off my mask I appreciate the cool AC blowing in my face. I take down a bottle of water, allowing my face to cool off from the heat of my mask. Taking off my thin suit, sweatpants, and white-T I slip on some skinny jeans, kicks and a sweatshirt. I pack my stuff in my small suitcase and roll-out to my car.

Your probably wondering who I am.

My name is Lyra Williams AKA Essence, I was born on May 13, 1997, leaving me at the tender age of 20 today. I'm an African-American queen with moves blessed by the great gods and goddesses in the sky with a list of skills up her sleeves. 

As cocky as I sound, I'm a complete worm without my mask. I'm just a bit shy but besides that, I'm just an artsy girl who loves what she does.

You get to walk in the shoes of my life, it's pretty boring so far but who knows, something spicy might be coming my way!

Lyra POV

I put my bag in the backseat of my beautiful black beetle, Soul. I hop in the front seat of my car, checking my voicemails before I go. I listen to the static laughter on the short recording.

"Lyra! Auntie Robin and I are heading to your place! We got a surprise for you, so don't be shocked if you see us eating your food! Love Ya!"

I chuckle at the last part as I turn on my car, turn up my toons and head out. Mom and Aunt Robin are my managers, they are the CEO's of Queen Time Records. As I got bigger on Youtube they offered to manage me so I can, and I quote, "Show the world my excellence!"

I thought it was a great opportunity so I agreed, thus Essence was born.

Pulling up in my drive-through, I take my bag, lock the door and head inside. Unlocking the door, the first thing I see is Mom and Auntie eating my lemon sorbet ice cream on my leather couch.

"Glad to see you two are enjoying yourselves."

Mom holds up a bowl, "Don't worry! We made sure to make you a bowl!" I smile as I take off my shoes and plop my bag next to the couch. Sitting on the armrest I look over at there excited faces.

"So what's the big surprise?"

They look at each other then at me, Auntie clears her throat.

"We got you on The Ellen DeGeneres Show!"

I almost drop my ice cream out of pure shock and excitement, "What! Really!?"

They nod, I can't help but jump and dance around in excitement.

Mom giggles at my celebration dance, "We're leaving in 3 days! I already forwarded you all the info you need~" 

I smile at them, putting down my bowl and spoon I pull them into a big hug, "You guys are the best!"

Timeskip~

'Please put on your seat belts as we safely land in Los Angeles California'

I stretch a bit, loving the 5-hour nap after a long night of editing, posting and animating. Yes, you read correctly, animating. A couple of months ago I bought a drawing pad after bench watching the TheOdd1sOut, Jaden Animations, and Swoozie. I know how to draw so I thought that animation would be a piece of cake, I was wrong...very wrong. So in my free time, when I'm not editing I went on youtube to learn how to animate. 

I was thinking about making some animated music videos and posting it on my channel, you know to make things spicy.

Once the plane lands and the door opens, I take my suitcase and head off the plane with Mom and Auntie close behind. 

After some time we head to the hotel and check into our rooms. Once I comfortable and get everything situated I take a long shower and call it a night. Sending a quick gif in our Brown Skin Queen's group chat. 

Once I tuck myself in I set my alarm for 6 am, and turn on the oh so glorious Netflix. I always end up watching a movie before I head to sleep, tonight I'm watching Zodiac. 

As the movie progresses I find myself falling asleep, letting the darkness take me at last.