Chapter 3 - On My Way

April 2019 

Lyra POV

It's been two years since I was featured on Ellen's show, and things have been only going up fill from here. Not only did I make it to more interviews, but my youtube channel is also thriving. My subscriber count has now fluctuated to 14 million, I've even done a couple of collabs with other YouTubes and a handful of celebrities. 

Within those two years, I have perfected my animation skills. Today is the day, I am going to post my first animated music video. The song I chose is On my Way by Alan Walker (Ft. Sabrina Carpenter), the perfect song for my first animated video.

I click the play button, watching it over one more time before I export it. 

Play

A little girl with long white curly hair sits down on the edge of a cliff. She covers her ears as the sun goes down. She stands as the light draws its final breath. 

The stars come out as she grows older, standing tall as the wind blows through her hair. She mouths, "They don't understand."

Her hair starts to glow as the bass drops, as she stares fiercely at the sky. She turns around and walks a couple of feet away. She looks down and says, "Can't be everyone's favorite girl."

She looks up, her eyes glow a fiery white. 

Looking up she says, "No, Nobody but me can keep me safe. And I'm on my way."

She watches as the moon turns into a deadly red, as the sky and stars aluminate. She says, "No, nobody but me can keep me safe, and I'm on my way."

She turns around, running towards the cliff. Driving head first in, emerging into the water she starts to sink into the darkness. She closes her eyes, allowing memories to flood her mind.

Thoughts of her guardian become present. Of him rasing her, of him loving her, of him training her. The sweet story soon turns south as images of a little boy come into the picture. She sheds tears as she remembers the death of her guardian, of her sensei. Of the little boy being taken away.

Her eyes shoot open.

'So take aim and fire away, I've never been so wide awake.'

She mouths, "No, nobody but me can keep me safe, and I'm on my way."

Her whole body starts to glow as she looks at the red tainted water. She holds out her hand, "No, nobody but me can keep me safe, and I'm on my way."

She swims to the top, making it to the surface only to be met with a shark. Before it could attack her, she grabs on to its fin. She directs it to swim closer to the surface, the shark starts to glow a pure white with her as they zoom through the ocean. 

Soon they meet land, there the little boy is surrounded. Blood fresh in the air, with fear crawling from him. 

She makes it to shore, not sparing a second of hesitation as she yells. Releasing a powerful blast, making her enemies crumble and fall serval feet away. She walks towards the trembling boy, she pulls him close. He begins to cry as his hair and eyes turn to a bloody red. He clings on to her making her smile with relief.

'No, nobody but me can keep me safe, and I'm on my way."

Video End

I smile, "It's perfect."

I waste no time into posting the video, I stretch a bit, loving the satisfying feeling of posting this new video. I head to the kitchen to cook myself a mean, AKA Spicy Veggie Raman~

After a 30 minute overdramatic preparation and eating process, I pull up my channel. Almost dropping my fork, I see that there are already 5 million views. I look at the trending page to see it's already number one. 

Not even a minute later I get warmed with tweets, text, and calls. With the first one being mom, I answer.

"Hello?"

"OMG! THAT VIDEO WAS AMAZING! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON THIS?!"

I laugh a bit, "I've been working on this for a while."

"CHECK YOUR TWITTER RIGHT NOW! I'M GOING TO FORWARD YOUR AUNTIE!"

I put her on speaker and turn down the volume a bit, I scroll through to see so many of my fans raving over it. I even see Alan Walker praising me on my work.

I send a quick tweet, "I'm glad you liked my video! More is coming in the future!🙏😊"

My mom gets back on the line, "We have to call you back!" 

They then hung up on me, I shrug my shoulders.

About 10 minutes later mom calls me back, "LYRA! GET YOUR THINGS PACKED! WE HAVE ANOTHER INTERVIEW IN A COUPLE DAYS AND WERE LEAVING TONIGHT!"

He hangs up in my ear, I look at the phone and sigh. 

"Well, I better start packing."