Chapter 14 - Gold

Song - Gold by Jeff Williams

No POV

The two stay together for the rest of the night, going into the afternoon. Peaceful in each other's energy, Teahyung comforts her. Keeping her warm, fed, and happy. Wishing he could stay longer, he informs her of the tour. How he flew in and he has to return before the concert starts. Feeling her heart swell from both happiness and sadness, she nods. Giving him a warm smile, she nods. Calling himself a taxi, they spend their last moments together sipping tea in comfortable silence. 

Leaning her head on his shoulder, he smiles a bit, seeing the taxi he frowns.

"It's time for me to go."

Nodding, they stand, walking him to the front door he stands in front of her. Smiling a bit, he kisses her forehead gently, "I'll text you when I land and call you when the shows over."

She nods slowly, feeling a bit flushed at the sudden act of affection. "I'm looking forward to it."

Leaving, they're eyes meet one last time, before the Taxi drove off. Like promised, he texted her when he arrived, right in the midst of her last-minute planning for the funeral. Two days later, her Auntie and her stand on their private land. They look down at the dirt pile over there loved one. As requested, she was not put in a coffin, rather wrapped up in a thin cloth. Completing her final wish they walk over, a small tree in Lyra's hand. 

Bending down, her Auntie digs out a small hole, placing the tree in it they work together to cover it up. Whipping her last tear the two leave, returning home to bask in each other's warmth on this sad day.

Feeling as though Lyra has turned a new chapter, she decided to record a video, using a song that represents her mother's love. In a golden dress, with black underclothes along with her mask, her symbol glowing a vibrant gold she walks into the dim lit room. Pushing the record button she stands still, as the music starts. Dancing with the lyrics', the melody she sheds tears thankful that lense can't see.

Lyra POV

Dream of anything
I'll make it all come true
Everything you need
Is all I have for you
I'm forever
Always by your side
Whenever you need a friend
I'm never far behind

I begin to think about the past, her taking care of me as a little girl. She always said that she will always be there for me.

If the stars all fall
And there's no more light
And the moon should crumble
It'll be alright

When I was at my lowest she would always comfort me, telling me it will be alright, that everything will work out.

Don't you worry about the dark
I will light up the night with the love in my heart
I'll burn like the sun, keep you safe and warm
Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day
I will be there to take all your fears away
With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to
Gold
With the touch of my hand, I'll turn your life to gold

She was always so bright, so warm, verse my cold demeanor on the outside she could always melt my frozen heart. She always smiles and shined brighter than the sun.

Let's have everything
Nothing we cannot do
Every heart just beaming
Every sky turns blue
I'm so happy
Just to have you here
Smiles bringing sunshine
Worries disappear

Even though we were complete opposites she still loved me through and through. Always bring sunshine, making my own worries disappear. 

When the days turn dark
And we start to fall
I will pick you up and
We will fix it all

Don't you worry about the dark
I will light up the night with the love in my heart
I'll burn like the sun, keep you safe and warm
Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day
I will be there to take all your fears away
With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to
Gold

Don't worry, I've got you
Nothing will ever harm you
I'm close by, I'll stay here
Through all things, I will be near
Close your eyes
Don't you cry
Love's around you
In time, you'll fly

Having her gone broke a part of me, but I know deep down, that's she's still here. Watching over me, I know she's near.

Don't you worry about the dark
I will light up the night with the love in my heart
I'll burn like the sun, keep you safe and warm
Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day
I'll be there to take all your fears away
With the touch of my hand, I'll turn your life to
Gold
With the touch of my hand, I'll turn your life to gold

Finally stopping I crumble on the floor, catching my breath as the tears continue to run down my face. Turning off the camera, ending the recording, I take off my mask briefly to wipe my tears. Putting my mask back on I quickly pack up, rushing home to edit the video before I falter on posting it at all. 

Adding some simple effects, with a simple dedication at the end, I post the video. Once posted, I close my computer, shut off my electronics, and fall into a deep slumber, allowing the warmth of my covers to comfort me.