Chapter 18 - True Colors

No POV

Spending more time with Teahyung and his family, more photos have circulated the internet. With their relationship growing in the light of fame and the pending difficulty of keeping her own identity a secret. 

Returning to the states, she sits in her Aunties home office, waiting for her to come back with their hot beverages. Hearing the door open and close, her Aunt hands her the warm chocolaty drink before sipping on her bitter on and plopping on the couch. 

She sighs, taking a sip; seeing her niece stare off into space, she calls out her name. Not answering, she takes off her slipper, tossing at her head. Hitting perfectly, Lyra snaps out of it, "Ow! What was that for?"

She turns to her Aunt, "You weren't answering, what's up with you?"

She rubs the back of her head, "I think I'm ready."

Her Aunt raises her eyebrow, "Ready? Ready for what?"

"Ready to show my face, I'm going to miss the privacy and all but it's growing harder to hide it. For example, a couple of days ago some man with a camera tried to rip off my mask in broad daylight. He's already getting changed and all but at this point, there is no point in hiding it. I feel comfortable about the idea, what do you think?"

She thinks for a moment, "Well, I don't see why not, if you feel comfortable with revealing your identity, then go for it; we can do an unmasking at the studio, post a video on youtube tomorrow."

Lyra nods, appreciated her support, taking a sip of the sweet drink, smiling at the thought. The next morning she makes her way to the studio, setting up her camera and hooking up her mic she makes the video. Explaining the situation, and thanking her fans for respecting her decision for so long. Revealing her face she speaks, showing her smooth brown skin, curly hair, and pearly white teeth. 

Ending the video she edits it, saving it to her computer and heading home. Making a couple of stops along the way she heads home, submitting the video before her nap and resting before her world would change forever. 

Waking up from her nap she looks at her dying phone to see her name blow up across the net. From Twitter to Youtube she getting a lot more attention than she thought she would. She was out there for the world to see and there's no going back now. No longer would she run and hide behind another, she was now shining in her true colors.