Chapter 17 - Needed Him Most

No POV

The internet floods a certain photo of Lyra wearing her usually get up. Walking through the city of Phoenix, Arizona, she decided not to wear the extra layer. Resulting in the paparazzi leaking a pick of a bit, her wrist exposed, confirming her ethnicity being incredibly narrowed down. 

The leading thought is that she was African American, which was closer to the truth than anyone thought. This brought on a lot of conservancies, leading some to think she hid her identity due to her ethnicity with others not to keen on her being of African descent. 

While this was only a select few, she decided not to comment on the topic heavily. Keeping things light, she captions a wink on her first post after the spreading new. With some seeing this as confirmation, others didn't think much of it, bring more ethnicity to the table. 

Receiving some vulgar DM's she either blocks or reports them, not being completely affected by the news. With this news, more came right after it as a photo of her and Teahyung holding hands add more fuel to the flame. The ARMY celebrated at there correct theories that Vessence was a reality that could no longer be only a dream.

As the world spiraled with the news, the couple stands in front of Teahyung's family home. Although her mask was present, she grew nervous. Rubbing the back of her hand reassuringly, he smiles at her. "Don't worry; they'll love you."

Nodding, he knocks on the door, hearing faint footsteps, the door opens. Seeing a slim woman, she smiles at us, pulling Teahyung into a warm hug. As they talk a bit, he introduces me to her, making her promise not to expose her identity to others. 

Entering his parent's house, 2 dogs shake their tail, barking at her in excitement. Bening down, she pets them, smiling behind the mask. As they lick her fingers, she giggles a bit. Lyra asks if she can be excused so that she can change out of her outer garments. Showing her to his old room, she thanks him, giving her some privacy, she takes off her helmet.

Taking off her undergarments, she fixes her hair a bit, looking at the mirror on the wall. Taking a deep breath, she steps out of the room. Walking into the living room, she smiles at the old couple, "만나서 반가워요 내 이름은 Lyra. (Nice to meet you; my name is Lyra.)

Giving there hello's, they sit. in front of them with the food on the table, with a thick silence in the air. Teahyung breaks in making conversation, allowing his parents to grow comfortable with my foreign presence. As the conversation preceded some comments, we're passed about the dance. Things that hang over her head as an African-American, people assume due to movies or people's bad decisions or upbringing being betrayed as a whole. 

While the sudden comments shocked Lyra, Teahyung didn't let it stand. Speaking up, he defends her, making his parents more mother than anything's comments and disrespect known. Seeing the sadness on there face, they both apologize to her, forgiving them for there own ignorance towards her. 

The rest of the dinner went smoothly, especially with the dogs cheering Lyra once returning with Teahyung's mom after helping her in the kitchen. After spending more time together with the rest of the family, Teahyung leads her to his room, holder her close after getting ready for bed. 

Sharing a passionate kiss, she thanks him for not only defending her but for standing by her side when she felt like she needed him most.