A Diary

Will:
One of that fuckers notices us and we split up, running for our lives. I run with Ethan and Lewis, followed by two armoured clowns.

As we run, I notice a house with opened doors. I run into it, letting Ethan and Lewis get in, and I shut the door. Ethan quickly locks it and we start to take deep breaths.

"Ok what was that bullshit?" I yell.

"They somehow noticed us." Says Lewis.

"Wait, so are you Lewis?" Ethan point at Lew.

"Yeah, are you some other guy I invited that I don't even know?"

Ethan nods.

While they get introduced to eachother, I look around and see some letter laying in a table.

"Sorry to interrupt you, but I found some letter!" I shout at them from the other side of the room. They come to me as I read the letter out loud:

"Life is short, life is strange,
You never know what might come next.
One day, you can't live without him,
The other, however, you don't ..."

It looks like there was some letter, but I can't read it.

"That's bunch of nonsense." Ethan says and I agree. Who wrote this bunch of bullshit?

"Is this talking about betraying, life or a person?"

"I thing, that bit of everything." Ethan looks at me.

"Hm... Betrayal..." I start looking around and guys too. I look around the tables, while Ethan and Lewis are checking the bar.

"I have a diary!" Shouts Ethan and raises it above his head.

"That might be it!"

"My dear diary, Rose is acting really wierd. She didn't respond me in a long time. I'd love to know what is going on..."

"I'd love to know too..." Mumbles Lewis.

"... I heard she lives with Cole on the other side of the park. I also heard that she received something very rare from him... But I'm not jealous, I'm happy that she lives a happy life, or I hope so..."

"Wait, should we go look there?" Ethan asks and goes to one of the windows and peeks out.

"But where?" Lewis turns on him and follows.

"Hmm... There must be some cadastr of houses and people who lived in here. If we find it, we can hope that he's the only Cole here..." I think out loud and go to guys.

"Could that be some town hall ?" Ethan points at a giant house at the end of a huge path.

"We must hope... Let's go try it!"

Mark:

Me, Rhys and Matt run into a giant building, barricade and take some deep breaths.

"Those fucking bastards!" I cuss and sit on a nearby chair.

"What is this house?" Rhys asks with disgust in his voice.

"I don't even care now... We have to find seven fucking artifacts and save this town in order to survive! This is BULLSHIT!!" I am starting to be hopeless.

"Hey Mark, you have to calm down. We should look around to see if there's anything, that could help us." Matt goes upstairs by nearby stairs. Rhys looks at me and comes closer.

"Mark, I agree with you, but now we must stay calm, take deep breaths and try to solve this..."

"You're right..." I admit and nod my head.

"Guys, there's something you should see..." Matt shouts from upstairs. We immediately get to him and I see a room like from those detective movies. Strings all over the room, pictures on every wall and cups of coffee all over the floor.

"My god..." Rhys mumbles.

"All strings lead to one person." Matt says, facing the place where all the string come from. I walk next to him and see a photo of a young man pinned on the wall.

"Who do you think it is?" Rhys asks.

"Any of these links doesn't show any name, or not man's at least..." Mat notices a newspaper on another wall and goes closer to it.

"There's a name of some Rose D'Nuit."

That cough our attention and both me and Jack go closer to read the newspaper.

"But there isn't anything bad written... It's only about an ambitious, young woman." Rhys raises his eyebrows and takes distance from that newspaper.

Suddenly, we hear a window opening downstairs. I go to a desk in the corner of the room, pick a sharp pencil and slowly walk the stairs down. Rhys is behind me, prepared with some glass that he found and the last of us is Mat with some umbrella.

When I walk the stairs down, I quickly turn so I could see better on the windows here and I see shit-scared Ethan sneaking in our house. I quickly let the pencil go and run to help him. Boys help Will and Lewis to get in.

"You ok?" I immediately ask.

"Yeah... We found some important stuff... Is there anywhere a cadastr?" Will starts to swiftly move around the house and look for something.

"No, but we found something more interesting..." Mat leads them upstairs and shows them the room.

"Do you have an idea who it is?" I point at the guy on the picture. Ethan goes closer to it, while Will and Lewis sniff around.

"Nop-"

"Wait!" Will shouts as he's reading the newspaper we talked about.

"What?"

"That might be the Rose from the diary." He points at it.

"Wait, firstly, who is Rose and second, where do you know her from?" Mat tries to investigate, but boys are already looking somewhere else.

"If that's Rose, that might be Cole..." Ethan points at the mysterious boy.

"Yeah..."

"There's a map!" Lewis shouts from the other side of the room. There is a map with one house in a circle.

"That might be the house of Cole." Ethan turns at Will and then at Lewis.

"Ok, can somebody tell me, what the fuck are you talking about?" I interrupt their conversation.

"We need to get to Cole's house, there might be second artifact." Ethan goes to me and Mat and explains.

"Ok, so that's our next stop..."

Next chapter on Tuesday