III

The eyes of the man in front of her looked into hers

The eyes of the man in front of her looked into hers. A sad smile appeared on his lips as he leaned forward and kissed her temple gently, running a hand through her hair with tenderness. He pulled away. A hand, now caressing her cheek, wiped away the tears falling from her sad green eyes. She reached her small hand to touch his face.

"Papa, please don't go." Her voice was filled with sadness. Her father grabbed her hand and held it in his.

"It won't be for too long. I promise you my little princess." He looked up and saw the woman standing behind the little girl. It was her mother. Tears were falling but she wiped them away and knelt down next to their daughter.

"Your father will be back. You know he has a job to do." She grabbed Kara by the shoulders and then kissed her husband goodbye. The man hugged the two of them tightly and then let go of the two.

He grabbed the necklace that he was wearing and took it off. He then grabbed Kara's hand and placed it on her palm.

"I want you to hold on to it until I get back, alright?"

"Kara," a voice called out her name. She turned around, and then everything was dark. The cold was unbearable and she started shaking, rain was pouring and she felt the rain drops make contact with her skin. Soon, heat reached her too, the bright flames were surrounding a small wide building. A temple.

Something inside her screamed for her to get closer as her heart started beating like drums inside her chest. She started walking and then sprinting towards the building. The heat of the flames felt like an embrace.

Her eyes glanced inside the place. Bodies lied on the floor and two men stood in the middle of all the chaos. One of them fell on the floor, the sound of the impact echoed in her ears.

"Kara." Her name was spoken again, this time on a small broken and painful whisper. The man in front of the one on the floor moved away and her eyes landed on him. Her father was bleeding, holding his side with one hand as the other limb was missing, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Papa!" The woman ran inside and pushed the other man away, kneeling down next to her father. His green eyes were staring straight down to the floor.

"I have failed you my dear." The sound of a lightsaber made her turn around and bright blue crossed her eyes.

Kara opened her eyes not believing she was able to do that again. The sore feeling on her throat was the first thing she noticed as soon as she regained her consciousness back.

She looked around and could not recognize the space. She was laying down on a somewhat comfortable bed, her wrists were confined by thick metal. It seemed like she had to get used to it from now on as she stared at the multiple screens with vitals connected to her body.