13. Flames

[name] somehow miraculously made her way back to her apartment after drinking a ton of alcohol. Everybody else was still enjoying themselves at the party back at the estates, and only [name] decided to return home as she still had a photoshoot going on. With much difficulty in persuading Tengen to have fun, [name] finally entered her apartment and eventually crashed onto her bed.

How long has it been since she drank this much?

She soon fell into a deep slumber due to the amount of alcohol in her system and didn't realized she had yet to lock her apartment. Soon the door opened slowly and slipped a figure.

"Goodnight, little one," it whispered.

[name]'s eyes slowly opened when she felt a little too hot to her liking. She looked around, and her eyes opened wide as she saw flames throughout her apartment. It was a miracle that she didn't get burnt. How long has the fire been set? She didn't know.

 She quickly stood up from the sofa but soon fell back, only to feel extremely dizzy. The amount of alcohol in her system was still too high, and she couldn't concentrate well at all. It felt as if someone had injected a serum into her body to cause her senses to fail.

She stood up once more, trying her best to steady herself as she tried to avoid the flames.

"Hot..." [name] whispered.

"Tengen..." she whispered once more and fainted.

.

.

"Tengen..." and Tengen's eyes widened when he heard [name]'s voice calling out to him. He turned to look out of the door of the estate where they were drinking and partying, only to have a feeling of something bad was happening. He then quickly stood up and everybody noticed it. 

"Uzui-san? Is something wrong?" Shinobu asked, and then she noticed Kanao was looking rather terrified.

"Kanao?" Kanae asked, and then she noticed Tengen took off running immediately.

"F-Fire!" Kanao yelled out and that's when the drunken adults started to run after Tengen. Drunken adults as, Kyojuro, Giyu, and Sanemi.

.

.

Tengen's eyes widened as he heard the sounds of flames as he sped down the pavement. His eyes soon saw the apartment building that he lived in on fire, and it was burning up quickly. The fire departments had arrived, and he stood as he watched the firefighters breaking into the houses to find any survivors. He watched as they broke into [name]'s house, and his eyes widened when he saw them coming out barehanded.

"Nobody was in the house!" and Tengen found it weird. His head immediately snapped when he saw [name] standing beside him. With a scared look on her face as she stared at the burning house.

"Tengen..." she whispered out, and yet Tengen found her voice to be extremely off. He then noticed she was wearing the same outfit as she wore when she left the fashion show. He reached out to bring her into a hug, only to stop when he felt such a cold aura around her. His eyes then looked at her dark blue ocean eyes, only to realize, it wasn't the same pair he fell in love with.

Without wasting any more time, he ran past the firefighters and police much to their protest. Being a shinobi along with the training of a demon slayer, he managed to get into the burning building safely.

"STOP THAT MAN!" and Tengen barged into [name]'s apartment, and his eyes widened when he saw [name] laying the ground, with the entire apartment on fire. Not caring if he was going to get burnt or whatnot, he immediately ran to her aid and carried her.