How Far Is To Far - Part 2

Laurel's POV

"Laurel-chan, when can we go see daddy." Faye asked.

"Hopefully soon."

"How come come we can't go on Sundays?" Sidon asked.

"I told you. They don't do visitation on Sundays. Maybe I can take you guys on your next day off from school."

"That's a long time." Sidon pouted.

"Hey don't be like that. It'll be here before you know it."

The door opened revealing Aunt Sumia. She stared down at the twins and they quickly got on their shared mattress. Simultaneously saying goodnight. She then motioned for me to follow her in living room and I sat on the couch with her.

"How was he?" She asked reffering to dad.

"The same. Seeing you and the twins would make him really happy."

"I do want to go see him. It's really hard to close shop for a day. Let alone during this time because I'll have a bunch orders here soon because of the fireworks festival that's coming up in June."

"True but one day shouldn't hurt. Plus business is good, I help 99% of the time and with my second job at the floral shop on the weekends help."

"I really wish you didn't have to work. That extra money isn't worth it."

"Not to you but it definitely comes in handy for the twins you know that. Besides, I don't work every weekend. I still have school."

"I know. Like what we talked about earlier this week. I just want you to enjoy as much of your teenage years as you can before you enter adulthood."

"Not to be negative Obasan but my childhood died the day my mom did. I had no choice but to grow up already. I don't regret making that decision either. Look where I'm at right know, I have good jobs, my home is stable and passing all my classes in school. I promise you I'm okay."

"I don't doubt you. I'm your aunt and guardian. I'm kinda always gonna worry."

"Is that something old people go through?" I said laughing a little which resulted getting my hair pulled from her and a head shake.

"Get your ass in bed."

"Goodnight Obasan." I said with a big grin. I walked back in my shared bedroom and see the twins passed out and silently snoring. I crawled into my bed and my phone went off from the group chat.

Ryuji ~ Hey, this don't make any damn sense. The principle and even the parents know about the abuse. Why ain't anybody speaking up!?

Ren ~ They're afraid of Kamoshida.

Ryuji ~ That can't be the only thing keeping both the principle and parents quiet though... It's basically because Kamoshida made the volleyball team famous, yeah?

Laurel ~ That and I also think he might be leveraging something over them.

Ryuji ~ Even so, that don't give him the right to do whatever he wants!
He's beating kids up, and all they're allowed to do is endure. And that follower of his doesn't give one single shit...

Ren ~ What follower?

Ryuji ~ Ann Takamaki. You met her in the courtyard remember?

Laurel ~ I'm not so sure about that. I feel like there's more to it. You can tell she gets uncomfortable when she's near him

Ryuji ~ Uhg! What a load of bull! I can't let it end like this. I'm gonna try and find someone who knows what's going on with Kamoshida during break tomorrow. Just you watch. I ain't giving up!