33

"Excuse me?"

Michael looked up from looking at the ground to see a nurse standing in front of him.

"Are you Michael Mell?"

Michale nodded "Yeah that's me."

"Jeremy Heere was asking for you" she said "you may visit him now if you like."

Michale sprang up from his chair "where is he?"

"Down the hall and to the right room thirty eight" the nurse answered.

"Thank you so much" Michael smiled before racing down the hall.

He arrived at room thirty eight and felt his heart get faster. He didn't know whether it was anxiety or excitement. Michael pushed up the door to see Jeremy looking down at his phone.

"Jeremy!" Michael grinned.

Jeremy looked up and smiled back. Michael's hand widened when he saw what was in the place of Jeremy's cut. A red and slightly purple scar ranged from his eye to his cheek.

"Hi Micah" Jeremy smiled.

Michael walked over and sat in the bed "how are you feeling?"

"Good" Jeremy said then smirked "look I've got this cool battle scar now."

Michael laughed "you look like such a badass babe."

"Must be pretty sexy" Jeremy teased.

Michael chuckled "oh yeah it's really getting me going."

Jeremy laughed before remembering "wait, how's Rich?"

"I haven't seen him yet" Michael confessed.

"What? Why?" Jeremy frowned

Michael sighed "I was just really worried about you."

Jeremy smiled and patted Michael on the head "you worry to much Micah."

Michael nodded "I know. Anyway Jake is with Rich now so I presume he's okay."

Just as Michael said that Rich and Jake burst into the hospital room.

"I'm back bitches!" Rich screamed "I'm gonna live forever!"

The group broke out into laughter.

"Whoah?! Jeremy" Jake exclaimed.

"Oh damn" Rich walked over to his bed, followed by Jake.

"Yeah I know. I look so cool" Jeremy smiled.

Rich grinned "Hell Yeah! Bisexual and scar bros!"

Rich and Jeremy did a high five and let out yelps of joy.

"We have the biggest dorks for boyfriends" Jake turned to Michael.

"You love us" Rich said.

Suddenly, the door opened and the four girls burst into the room.

"Jeremy!" Christine exclaimed.

"Rich you whore, we were so worried" Chloe snapped.

"I missed you too Chloe" Rich laughed.

"Alright" Brooke stomped over to the bed "group hug time."

She threw her arms around the boys and pulled them into a hug. Soon Jenna, Christine and Chloe had joined the hug too. They stayed like that for awhile before Jenna interrupted it.

"Oh I forgot" Jenna reached into her purse and pulled out a bottle of Mountain Dew red "Here you go."

Rich took the bottle and Jeremy frowned "oh yeah Keanu is still around."

"Indeed I am" Keanu appeared in the corner of the room "I presume not for long though."

"Stop trying to make me feel bad for you" Jeremy sighed.

"Is it here?" Michael asked.

"Yeah" Jeremy nodded "so Keanu I guess this is goodbye."

"Oh I'll be back Jeremy" Keanu smiled "and so will my friend."

"You bet I will fuckers!" Evil Kermit appeared out of nowhere.

Rich let out a yelp "Where the fuck did you come from?!"

"Yeah and why can I see you" Jeremy asked.

"I can let everyone here see us" Keanu said "except Michael because he never had a squip."

Jeremy looked around "anyone want to see these fuckers?"

Everyone immediately shook their heads except Jake who said "yeah I'd like to see them after what happened."

A pain shot through Jake's head and suddenly he was able to see the two squips. 

"Hi Jake" Evil Kermit said.

"Hey Kermit" Jake said.

"Listen Jake, Rich I owe y'all an apology" Kermit said "which means a lot because I never apologise."

"Yeah he really never does" Keanu  chimed in.

"I'm programmed to make you popular and dating the same sex wasn't the way it would work" Kermit said "but I never took into account that basically everyone in your school isn't straight."

"That's your apology?" Rich scoffed.

"I'm trying to say I was wrong" Kermit said "you guys make such a cute couple."

Jake put his arm around Rich "Of course we are."

"Same goes to you and hoodie Jeremy"  Keanu said.

"His name is Michael" Jeremy snapped.

"Wait y'all are talking about me?" Michael frowned.

"Deep down I knew you and Christine wouldn't work" Keanu said "love is complicated."

"What do you know about love?" Jeremy frowned.

"More than you know" Keanu said "I'll let you interrupt that how you want. Anyway goodbye for now Jeremy, Jake, Rich."

"Goodbye Keanu" Jeremy, Rich and Jake responded.

"And goodbye to you to Kermit" Rich said.

"I'll be with you whenever you see an Evil Kermit meme" it said "now in the words of you drink up bitch."

Rich laughed slightly before opening the bottle and taking a sip. With a jolt of pain in Jeremy and Rich's head the two squips we're gone.

"Are they gone?" Christine asked.

"Yeah" Jeremy let out a sigh of relief "they're gone."

"Not gonna lie" Brooke said "that was really confusing to watch."

"Yeah you were kinda talking at nothing" Chloe agreed with her girlfriend.

"The joys of having a squip" Rich chuckled.

"Not anymore" Michael said "and never again."

Jeremy laughed "never again babe."

Time Skip

"Hey Rich?"

Rich let out a hum. He sat in Jake's arms, cuddled up on the couch by the fire. The room was quiet only Jake's soft words and the fire cracking could be heard.

"Promise you won't ever leave me again" Jake whispered.

Rich smiled "Jake there is nowhere else I'd rather be."

"Me too. I love you."

"I love you too."
—————————————————

Can you find the Dear Evan Hansen reference. By the way guys this may come as a shock but the next chapter is the Epilogue. I'll save the paragraph on how sad I am about this story ending for the epilogue.

I love you guys
peace out ✌️