Chapter 14

Over the next few days, Seonghwa seemed more busy than usual, he wasn't around a whole lot like he had been. Hongjoong knew he was hiding something from him because each time he tried to talk to him or hand around him while he was working, Seonghwa would dismiss him or avoid him altogether. Seonghwa only requested his presence when he was working on something.

Hongjoong didn't think of it much at first, but with Seonghwa becoming so closed off, he was becoming more and more suspicious of what he was up to.

One afternoon, Seonghwa sat at his desk with an elbow resting against the dark oak, a glass of whiskey in his hand as he went through files on his computer. He heard stomping footsteps come in the room, looking up from his screen and catching Hongjoong storming towards him. Seonghwa frowned slightly, sitting back in his chair as he cocked his head slightly.

"Oh no. What have I done to aggravate you now?" Seonghwa asked before he took a sip from his glass.

Hongjoong stood in front of the desk, huffing out and crossing his arms over his chest.

"What's been up with you the past few days, Seonghwa? You've been totally avoiding me like the plague." Hongjoong demanded, reaching out and grabbing the glass of whiskey from Seonghwa's hand.

"Yah! I was drinking that!" Seonghwa scoffed with a slight smile. "I've been busy, Joong, you know this. I've been caught up in so much work lately."

"Yeah, yeah, so you've told me countless times before." Hongjoong sat the glass on the edge of the desk. "Tell me what's really going on. You've refused my advances, you tell me to leave you alone throughout the day unless you intel from me, and you hardly come around me anymore. What happened to communicating?"

Seonghwa sighed out, standing up from his chair. He walked up to Hongjoong as he shook his head. The taller male grabbed ahold of Hongjoong's hips, pulling him in close.

"You are so cute when you're suspicious and fuming." Seonghwa leaned in to give him a kiss, but Hongjoong turned his head away. "You're really going to be like that? You know I don't take no for an answer."

"You're not getting anything from me until you explain why you've been so absent lately," Hongjoong said as he glanced at Seonghwa with a brow raised.

Seonghwa took in a big breath before he sighed out. "God, you always have to ruin everything by sticking your nose in places. If you really must know, I was planning a surprise night out with you. I couldn't plan everything with you at my side every second of every day."

Hongjoong turned his head as he looked at Seonghwa with doughy eyes. "You were what? A surprise?" Hongjoong then puffed out his lips in a pout. "I ruined it."

Seonghwa grinned as he let out a soft chuckle. "That's why you need to trust me, you little baby. If you would've just waited until tonight, you wouldn't have ruined the surprise."

Seonghwa moved his hands up to Hongjoong's cheeks, leaning his face down as he planted a sweet kiss upon his pouting lips. Hongjoong smiled a bit into the kiss, reaching out to grab Seonghwa's shirt.

Hongjoong then pulled away slightly, his lips still grazing Seonghwa's. "Well, since I already ruined the surprise, will you at least tell me the plan for tonight?" Hongjoong flashed a cocky grin.

"Of course..." Seonghwa began, then let out another scoff, pulling his face away. "Not. You may have ruined the surprise aspect, but I'm still keeping the details of tonight a secret."

"Seonghwaaa... Pleeeeease." Hongjoong pleaded as he tugged on Seonghwa's shirt. "You know you wanna tell meeee."

Seonghwa laughed as he messed up Hongjoong's hair, growling in a playful manner. "No. I'm not telling you no matter how cute you act. You'll just have to wait until this evening, alright? I promise that you'll love it."