Chapter 16

[continuation of the last chapter]

Hyejun felt his stomach fall to his toes upon hearing what Seonghwa just told him. "Wait... What? Who would take him?

Seonghwa shook his head as he trembled in anger. "That's what I need to find out, but I have an itching suspicion of who it could be."

"Let me help you. I know how much he means to you, and I am willing to do anything in my power to help you, son." Hyejun sounded determined and placed both hands on Seonghwa's shoulders.

"You can't help me here... You'll only get yourself hurt. You need to leave, now," Seonghwa demanded with a growl behind his voice.

Seonghwa began to walk back inside, he needed to check the security footage that lined the outside of his home, maybe that would tell him where exactly he needed to go to get his lover back.

Hyejun immediately followed behind his son, he was going to convince Seonghwa to let him help no matter what it took.

"Seonghwa, please. Whatever you need me to do, I can help you. I know more about this than you think I do." Hyejun admitted as he followed Seonghwa into the security room on the far left end of the house.

"And what the hell do you think you know about ANY of this dad?" Seonghwa whipped around, shooting a glare at the older man before him. "What could you possibly know about my line of work? We haven't spoken in YEARS."

"I..." Hyejun hesitated for a moment. "I was contacted by a Samuel Nims just a week before today, saying he was your employer... He told me about the wedding, and that he needed my help with something. He told me that I needed to attend the wedding and be with my son, it was the least I could do after what I'd done to you when you were still just a kid..."

It all of a sudden clicked in Seonghwa's head, which gave him all the answers that he needed to be able to find out where Hongjoong was taken. But now his face began to turn to a shade of red as the anger he felt intensified, he was starting to see red. Seonghwa suddenly charged at his father, throwing his hands around Hyejun's throat, pushing him back into the wall as he had him pinned.

"SO YOU WERE INVOLVED WITH THIS?! YOU GOT HIM TAKEN AWAY FROM ME? WHAT WERE YOU?! SOME FUCKING DISTRACTION SO THEY COULD COME IN AND TAKE HIM?! YOU'VE TAKEN MY WHOLE WORLD FROM ME ONCE AGAIN!" Seonghwa shouted in anger, squeezing his hands tighter around his neck. 

"S-Seonghwa... I... didn't know..." Hyejun choked out as he grabbed at the hands around his throat. "Please... I didn't... know... this would... happen..."

"LIAR! HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE KNOWN?!" Seonghwa was breathing hard with anger. 

"I just... wanted... to... see my... son..." Hyejun struggled to say the words, tears beginning to come from the corners of his eyes. "I'm so... so sorry..."

Seonghwa suddenly pulled his hands away from his father's neck, taking a step back. Hyejun collapsed to his hands and knees on the floor, gasping and coughing for air.

"You're going to help me find him... And if a single hair on his head is even slightly brushed, I promise I will make sure you never walk this earth again, dad... I fucking promise you that..." Seonghwa growled, trying to refrain from already killing him.

"I'll do anything to help... This is all my fault, I never intended for this to happen, son. I didn't know anything..." Hyejun said as he looked up at his son after he regained his breath.

"Yeah, you never intend for anything to happen, that's how you ruined my whole fucking life before." Seonghwa spat bitterly, then walked out of the security room. "Get up off the fucking floor. We're going for a drive."