Chapter 8.

Nothing seems to want to come out of my mouth when there's a staring match happening, between the three of us.

Thank heavens Vicky is the first one to break the silence. " You have been called by Doctor Anthon." She tells Connor who gives me a sideways glance before he turns on his heel and walks away.

Now being left with Vicky, I decide to not fall back into that silence and go inside my room, where she follows behind and I won't be surprised if she questions me of my whereabouts.

I throw myself on the bed and stare at the ceiling, letting my body weight to take over. The silence still remains between us and I decide to sit upright on the bed. I see her standing by the door, watching me.

" New friend?" She finally asks.

I shrug, getting up off the bed and walking over to my closet, to search for something to change into. I finally find what I'm looking for, which is a short sleeved grey shirt.

I turn to face Vicky .

"Is he in trouble?" I ask her.

" You know that I can't share that with you."

" I know."

" Then why'd you ask?"

"Just trying my luck." I say, heading back to my bed.

Vicky is acting rather strange now, making me curious but not enough to question her.

" You missed your activity today and I don't want to know why."

" Okay." I simply say.

She turns to leave but then she changes her mind, she looks over her shoulder and says." Promise me, you won't come back."

I don't say anything.

I notice her eyes troubled.

" Are you okay?" I finally ask.

" I don't want to see you here again." She repeats before leaving my room.

I understand the meaning behind her words, in her own way, she is saying that she wants more for me and that I deserve better. I should be out there enjoying life, breaking the rules and making mistakes, instead I keep on finding myself here.

I walk over to the door to close it but am brought to a hault when I see Connor, heading my way. His head is hung low and I wonder if he is okay.

Ten feet from me and that's when he raises his head and looks at me, just like he sensed my presence. Our eyes lock for just a few seconds before his eyes leave mine and he walks past me, heading to his room. It takes quite a while for what just happened to register to me, it only happens right after the sound of his room slams shut.

A few seconds was all it took for me to acknowledge that he wants to be alone and that something is troubling him. Without another word, the sound of another door slamming shut echoes in the silence, and this time it's mine.

******

Group sessions, I'm not very fond of them. Actually I'm not a fan of eye, especially when the spotlight is on you and you have to spill out your guts out for everyone to hear, not so they only know your story but for the story itself to have some form of impact on someone. Whether it is for a person's boost of confidence, the understanding of ones place or to bring some sort of comfort to those still healing.

Sitting around in a circle while Mrs Shelton conducts the meeting, I listen as Nancy Shelton , our group therapist and advisor, an attractive woman with long red hair and black eyes speaks to us. She is a total free spirit, who believes so much in communication and usually has weird, funny but cool methods, in which we always have to conclude on the lesson learnt or hidden messages behind the task .