Water

In her twenty eight years of life, Ellie had made many stupid decisions. She had run away from foster homes more than a few times. She had taken to shoplifting to eat while she was a runaway. She had found herself in multiple dangerous situations that could have been avoided with better decision making.

Today was just another in her series of bad choices. Her co-star and favorite drinking buddy had a very bad day of shooting. He had spent the last twelve hours in the rain, soaked to the bone in less than warm conditions. He had finally retreated to his trailer after filming wrapped for the day for a nice hot shower and to change into dry clothes.

Ellie, being ever the asshole, was waiting outside his door with a bucket of ice water. She had sworn her revenge for his relentless teasing a few days ago when an unfortunate mishap led to her getting stuck in her shirt, unable to free herself without multiple people to help. Vengeance was going to be served icy. He had no sooner opened his door than she threw the bucket on him, laughing at his sharp intake of breath and running like her life depended on it. His legs were much longer and she knew if he really wanted to, he could catch her. She hoped her head start and the shock of the cold would slow him down enough to escape.

Thankfully he never pursued her. Instead she got a text message simply telling her "you're so dead".

That particular incident was almost a month ago. She had forgotten his promise, right up until this precise moment, at Sebastian's house for the first time, standing just in front of the in ground pool. His hand was firm on her lower back as he leaned in close.

"Remember the ice bucket?"

"No...?" Ellie tried, her body tensing in realization. She tried to escape but he was quicker, his limbs were longer and he was certainly stronger. She barely had time to yelp before the water closed in over her head.

She resurfaced quickly, gasping and sputtering. "Holy fuck that's cold!" She gasped, her teeth already beginning to chatter, every muscle in her body tensed.

"I know. It just got filled today." Sebastian laughed, making no move to help her out.

"You w-win. F-f-fucker!" Ellie conceded, pulling herself out and trudging past the still laughing man. She went back into his house, yanking off her soaked hoodie and dropping it on the floor, the rest of her clothes creating a trail as she made her way to the bathroom, turning the shower to hot and standing under the warming spray.

She stayed in there long after she had stopped shivering, just hoping to be petty enough to use all his hot water. When she did get out she found that he had left her a towel and a pile of his clothing as a peace offering. She pulled on his sweatshirt and a pair of boxer shorts he had left her. He had also left a pair of sweatpants, but she could tell they would be far to big to stay on.

"Hey, you're alive!" Sebastian cheered, looking up from his phone.

"It was touch and go but I pulled through. Thanks for the dry clothes."

"You seem like the type to just help yourself anyway." Sebastian shrugged as she sat next to him on the couch.

"Oh yes. I probably would have curled up in your bed too. Just slowly assume your identity until everything you own is mine."

"Still cold?"

"Half frozen. Jerk." Ellie grumbled. Sebastian pulled the blanket off the back of the couch, draping it over her back and wrapping his arms around her, pulling her close.

"Better?"

"Much." She mumbled happily as she cuddled into him.