Mariachi

He thought I had forgotten his betrayal. His cold, icy vengeance that made him think all was well once more. To the contrary. I was the one that started this, and I was going to be the one who finished it.

I will never forget the look of confusion when he first saw his tormentors. Three men, dressed in matching suits. Their sombreros hiding their faces, their instruments wielded threateningly.

"That's him." Was all the prompting they needed. They turned to the man I had indicated, and all at once, they began to play.

He tried to escape, but alas, they were persistent, following him around all day, only stopping when filming was required. They followed him everywhere he went, never allowing him a moments peace.

I took great pleasure in recording his torment, posting it to Instagram for all to see. The horror and defeat in his eyes fueled me.

The questions came in not long after the video was posted. "What's going on?" "What happened?" "Is that a mariachi band?" I began recording another video as the accordion began to play again, not wanting to leave anyone in the dark.

"He threw me in a pool, so I hired a mariachi band to follow him around all day. Tell me, Seb, how did that lunch date go?"

"She left when the accordion playing started. For the third time." Sebastian deadpanned, giving the camera a look fit for a murderer.

"Was it that make up artist you've been talking about?"

"It was."

"Don't worry, Seb. Next time you want to have lunch with her, I'll make sure you have your theme music playing."

"Why are you the way that you are?" He groaned over the singer's vocals.

"That pool was cold."

"I apologized! And you were the one that started it!"

"You didn't have to retaliate. Now, it's war."

"You can't be - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T YOU KNOW ANY OTHER SONGS?!"

"Nope." I laughed, ending the recording and leaving my friend to his torment. I had paid he band a hefty sum to continue following him for the rest of the day, never allowing him a moments peace, the same song being played over and over with no reprieve.

Vengeance was mine.