Even though I held you tight

It was morning as Felix began to wake up, he blinked a few times trying to gather his surroundings.
"Where am I...? Oh right... Chan's house.." he sat up blushing a bit. He was still getting used to saying the older's name informally.

He sat there, recollecting his memories from last night.

Chan ... he really took care of me...
Shit.. Changbin might be right...

Finally the realization hit him, he did like Chan... more than just a professor.

He shook his head trying to not focus on those thoughts as he got up from the bed, slowly opening the door. He instantly smelled a sweet aroma in the air.
Slowly he crept out his room like a small kitten, making his way to the kitchen. That's when he saw Chan, making breakfast near the stove.

Fuck... his shoulders are hot as fuck...

He slowly walked up to the older from behind, tippy toeing to peep over his shoulder.

" What are you making?" He said, his voice even deeper as he just woke up.

Chan startled, turned around as he dropped the spatula and spilled some pancake batter on the floor.

"Shit! Felix, you scared me" he said clutching his chest.

"Sorry? " Felix giggled.

Chan could only smile upon hearing his laugh.

"I was just uh....making us breakfast".

"But.. you have classes to teach today?" Felix said in small panic.

"It's fine, I canceled them today. I assigned work online to everyone".

"Oh... I'm sorry you had to do that.. I'll leave right now if you have to get work done-"

"Lix, no. You're more important, and don't go I'm still worried about you". Chan said as he grabbed the boy's hand.

Felix looked down at his hand, he started to get nervous again.

" I- um... ok"

"Good" Chan said with a smile.

He moved to get some paper towels to wipe up the floor as he gestured for Felix to take a seat at the table. The boy did as told and settled in a seat.

Chan shortly came over with two plates of pancakes, strawberries, and honey.
"Not sure what you're used to, but I hope these are ok" .

Felix gave him a smile, " It's ok Chan, they're perfect". The boy dove into eating them as the older cooed at how cute he looked eating.

Midway of them eating Chan spoke up.
"So Felix, I have an idea for you". He said with a smile.

" Really?"

"Yup, to help with your money situation we can look into hiring you as my teaching assistant. I've been needing one, and the position pays more than any other part time job. As for living arrangements, I really don't mind if you need to stay here longer until you can afford a new place. Only thing would be, you can't tell anyone you're living with me" Chan said with a slight chuckle.
"Oh....Sorry, if this is too much all at once..." he added.

"OMG really?! Yes! Thank you Chan! I will definitely need the money now. I don't care what my parents have to say anymore, I want to focus on me going forward."

"Great, I'm glad to hear that. Well, I'll go ahead and submit the form for you to be my assistant and we'll be set." Chan said with the widest smile.

Oh god.. my heart is doing things again...

"Ok Chan, thank you again" Felix said giving his cute eye crinkle.

The boy was excited to start his new direction in life , even if it meant harboring feelings for the older....

                                            ~

"Chan, do you think you can drive me to my apartment to get me stuff please?"

"Of course, let me save this last PowerPoint slide and  we can go " Chan commented.

After a bit, the two got in his car driving to Felix's apartment.

"I'll wait here while you get your stuff"

"Ok, thanks!"

Felix walked in , taking the elevator to his floor. He walked down the hall to his apartment, however the door was cracked.

"The fuck...?"

He slowly opened it to see that all the furniture was already packed up, even his clothes were in a box.

He walked in baffled to see everything already packed.

"Heh, my fucking parents really want me gone huh?"

He saw a note on the counter.

"We were nice enough to pack up your stuff, leave the key here and we will pick it up this week"
- Mom and Dad

"They have the fucking nerve to call themselves my parents still... assholes"

Felix tossed the key onto the counter before going to pick up his box of clothes, which included a small cat plushie he would sleep with at times, but no one knew about that.

He slammed the door shut, making his way out to Chan's car. Putting the box in the back seat, he went and got settled back in the front.

"Everything ok?"

"Yup, lets go".

Fuck them... I don't need them. I have Chan at least.. or .. I hope I do...