Chapter 15: What Harry Wants

Harry Apparated into Malfoy Manor solely relying upon instinct to guide him. The upheaval in his soul was so great, he felt like he was again immersed in water like just a couple of hours before. His limbs moved with difficulty, and the currents of his emotions threatened to pull him down into the abyss.

As he arrived into the foyer of the great house, he was thankful that Draco had added him to the wards. He didn't know which way to go, so he just started to walk down a corridor. The candles lit around him as he strolled-a spell that seemed to be in use all around the house. When he opened one of the doors, he realised that it was actually Draco's office.

He looked around, hoping that the blond wouldn't mind. They had spent a lot of time scheming in there and he felt comfortable in the room. He walked to the cabinet where the Firewhisky was kept. He poured himself a glass from the ornate crystal decanter, thought of putting the bottle back, but then kept it with him. He sat down in his favourite spot on the couch and placed the bottle in front of him on the table. He downed the first glass fairly quickly, and then a second, a third, but the fourth one wouldn't slide down so fast into his practically empty stomach. In his quest to drink himself into oblivion, he didn't notice the door opening. He just realised that he wasn't alone when Draco sat down in front of him.

"Is this a private party or can anyone join in?" he quipped.

Harry glared at him for a second, and then his gaze dropped down to observe the amber liquid in his glass that he cradled in his hands.

"What happened? I thought you would be shagging the Weaselette into a mattress about now."

"Someone else was shagging her into a mattress," Harry remarked with dry humour.

"Oh," was all Draco said and he stood to get his own glass. He poured it full and sat back down, his eyes on Harry.

"Why aren't you asleep?" Harry asked, fishing for something to say that wasn't about his wife.

"It's only 9pm."

"Time difference. Right. I forgot."

They lapsed into silence. Draco was obviously waiting for Harry to start speaking. However, he had to wait a while as he was well on his way to consuming his second glass of Firewhisky by the time Harry opened his lips again.

"I've been such a fool. All along, I thought my wife loved me. So she wanted to see the world. Sure! Why not!" He laughed mockingly at himself. "When all along she was going away to hop into the bed of other men. Maybe women too. I found her in the middle of an orgy in some club, so I'm not sure." He looked up at Draco, noting that the man wasn't surprised.

"I kind of guessed that's why she was going there. Harry, you may not know much about the world, but Patong is known for wild parties and casual sex. Men and women go there all the time to get laid. And for the record, I've never been, just heard about it. Apparently, straight and gay people can find willing bodies there equally," Draco explained.

"Don't I know it." Harry smirked, remembering his guide.

"Oh, did you exact revenge on her already?"

"No." Harry reeled back at the idea. To him, sex was never casual. He just couldn't view it like that. "However, there was a very persistent boy that I met. I kept telling him that I wasn't gay, but he insisted that I was." Harry frowned.

Draco laughed.

"Maybe you should have given it a try. You may never know."

"Draco, how did you know?" He was curious, and the alcohol gave him the courage to ask.