CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I groaned as I moved on my other side, we had fucked like rabbits last night. I turned over to an empty space. How the heck was Nikolas up so early after that eventful evening. I got up and showered, I wore a loose pair of white linen pants and a short crop camisole, I enjoyed being in casual wear, it was my day off. I left my long raven lock to sit above my butt. I had no make up on. I actually preferred being in my natural state. I made my way outside, the table was set with a breakfast buffet as usual, Nikolas was sitting and looked in deep conversation with Santino.

As soon as he spotted me, Santino was up as he walked past me I smiled.

''You OK ?'' I asked.

''Yes all good'' he said not giving anything away. Strange, I walked over to Nikolas who was back in his usual attire, His black leather holster with his two favorite Gold Magnums, with a fitted burgundy shirt and black trouser pants. His smile was so genuine, he looked at ease as he grabbed my hand and pulled me so I was now sitting on his lap. I went in for a kiss, Nikolas's mouth was so sweet. I slipped in my tongue making this a sensual kiss.

''Morning baby'' he said slowly in ecstasy.

''Morning'' I smiled. I grabbed a croissant and started to pick at it.

''Santino okay? his mind looked a little occupied'' I said acting nosy.

''Yea he's good, when has Santino become a concern for you'' he asked, a little hint of jealousy lingered in his words.

I playfully hit his chest.

''You sound jealous Mr Garcia'' I replied.

''Maybe I am'' he said honestly.

I rolled my eyes and got up leaving his lap and sitting next to him.

''What you up to today?'' he asked.

I'm going to see Shei, she's been bugging me to see her'' I said as I downed some O.J.

''Lana I know you don't like the guys watching you but I need a couple guys on your tail'' he said.

''What? Why? What's happened'' I asked concerned.

''Nothing I just need extra eyes on you'' he said as he got up and kissed my head. He grabbed his suit jacket off the back of his chair and took out his pair of gold aviator ray bans.

I stood up and he knew I was going to challenge what he had just said.

''Why don't you tell me the truth?'' I shouted.

''What the fuck is there to tell, this shit does not concern you!'' he shouted back.

''Well it fucking does! you act like I don't know what you do or who you are!'' I shouted. Nikolas stalked towards me and grabbed the sides of my arms.

''You are the only normal thing I have in my life I don't want you to get tainted with my shit'' he replied.

''I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!'' I shouted as I pulled out of his hold.

I could see that tic in Nikolas's jaw, he cocked his head to the side he stepped closer.

''And who am I baby'' he asked quietly.

''You're the fucking crime lord!'' I said trying not to show my fear.

Nikolas slowly pulled his ray bans at the tip of his nose; his eyes were pitch black. He leaned in and whispered in my ear.

''don't you forget that Chika'' he then turned away and walked off.

''where the fuck is the Nikolas from yesterday!'' I shouted after him.