4

"so, have you made your final desicion?" the director asks.

changbin was once again back at the suffocating meeting room, the professionals staring at him intently, expecting the best possible answer from him. a look that says if you say no, we will end your career and everything you've worked for.

it creeped out changbin, to say the least. he didn't like being placed under so much pressure, especially if the big offer that was presented to him something he never wanted to do. it was like all his fears were laid out for him on a silver platter. if he takes it, everything will turn out good for him but will hurt his mental state even more.

but if he refuses to accept it, everything he once knew will come crashing down. rumors will be spread. reputations will be damaged. dreams will be shattered.

so, why didn't changbin accept the offer? he didn't know either. there was just something about the proposal that made him feel so uneasy, like everything was staged— their 'welcoming' smiles were obviously fake, but then again, everyone had to mask their unhappiness and schemes with a smile, right?

"seo changbin. we need your answer right now, please." his personal manager sneered, not even caring if the others heard his irritation. he scared changbin. alot.

so he agreed.

"yes sir, i'm willing to do your project." he says, clearly hesitant.

"perfect."

✧༺♥༻∞

what he decided on was a bad idea.

there he was, on a brand new high-rise building at 4 in the morning, stretching and getting ready for his first rehearsal and demo-shooting.

for changbin, rehearsals are the best part of filming, or anything, really. you can create new bonds over the course of the rehearsal dates and not care if you messed up. you can laugh freely and not be scolded badly. everything is casual and carefree. changbin was usually excited for these kind of things to happen during the first few days of the newest project because he can really see the personalities of his new co-actors.

except now.

it was the first day of rehearsals, a week after he had agreed to do the movie. he really didn't want this day to come, he was too scared. but here he was, sitting down on the floor, airpods in his ears as he listens to his favorite artists and since he's usually the earliest, he gets to watch the room fill up with new people he'd usually be excited to meet. but now as soon as a new person opens the door, his heart feels like it'll pop out any second.

and then he saw her.

striking black hair. perfectly round and symmetrical face with light make-up that almost wasn't visible. she had a petite body, her curves matching the innocent look in her eyes as she had a small smile on her face. she definitely was the love interest of changbin's character. and it scared him so much.

he felt like dropping dead on the spot.

"j-jihae." he whispered, eyes filled with terror and stomache turning with complete disgust and voice trembling with horror. it was her.

"seo changbin." her honey voice called out, the sickly sweet smile bringing back so many memories. so many feelings. too much pain.

"it's been a long time." she says, genuine concern dripping through her eyes. maybe she really cared about changbin.

keyword: cared.