12

on the way to the amusement park, changbin's nerves wouldn't stop bothering him. why did he agree to do something so quickly? this was jooeun they were talking about. he was probably the main reason for this new new scheme, but why did she decide to target jisung and minho? what did they ever do to her?

felix was just sitting in the front seat, wondering why changbin looked so lost in his thoughts. felix had originally assumed that changbin would be talkative and excited for what was to come, since he'd be hanging out with his best friend, minho while felix would be with jisung again, but the way the older was acting is totally different than how he was a few hours ago, almost as if he went back to that cocky attitude felix once disliked him for.

the truth is, changbin wasn't intentionally acting that way. he was just so caught up in his thoughts and questions that unfortunately, will probably not be answered. one of his questions were: how did she know who jisung and minho even were? when the two of them together, changbin had been cautious enough not to introduce jooeun to minho at all. the only situation he had imagined was a stalker following him into just one of their hang outs, or even worse, there was someone who was tailing him everywhere he went. that would explain why jooeun always knew where he went, although she said it was because of her instincts, she always had good intuition, like her sister.

but the biggest question was: why is jooeun still alive?

after a big incident that happened a few years back, he though jooeun would have been dead but she managed to be alive, and the doctors put into a coma , expecting her to not wake up for a very, very long time. jooeun always had a strong body, and immune system, but considering all the damage that has been done to her, changbin though she would never wake up again.

if she did, it wasn't because of the doctor's medicines, therapies, and more procedures used to wake her up. in order for her to wake up that quickly, someone must've helped her while she was in the hospital using drugs that can't be found in the hospital inventory.

well, it was just a theory anyway. the best case scenario was probably going to be minho and jisung coming back safe and he'll never have to face jooeun that day. the worst case scenario is that the amusement park may be destroyed, cause deaths, and he might see the girl who ruined his life in a few months.

why was he even concerned about minho and jisung? he knew he had to protect minho, of course. minho is his best friend and changbin would be broken if something bad happened to his closest friend. but he's not close to jisung at all, at least not yet. felix is, though, so he had to help him as well. maybe he also developed a soft spot for the boy, because being with him is so chill and peaceful, and he feels no pressure to put on a facade with him and act like someone who isn't himself. minho also looked very fond of the boy, since he rarely trusts people so easily, but there they were, in the amusement park, probably having the time of their lives.

"changbin!" felix shouts, snapping changbin out of his thoughts, only to realize that they were about to get hit by a car, so he had to turn the car quickly, his heart almost leaping out of his chest because of shock.

"jesus christ bin, what's happening to you? are you okay?" felix asked, questioning the older's attentiveness.

"sorry, i just have too much things on my mind." he reasoned, and hears felix sigh. he didn't want felix to change his views on him again so he decided to leave all his doubts for a but and focus on the almost angry boy beside him. changbin removed one hand from the driver's wheel (making sure everything is safe first, of course) and reaches out for felix's hand, catching the latter off-guard.

due to this gesture, it kind of confirmed felix's suspicions that something was wrong. changbin held his hand like he was consoling him, like he was telling the younger that everything was gonna be okay, even if he didn't know what will go wrong in the first place. his best bet was that minho and jisung were going to be in trouble, judging on how worried and stressed changbin was.other possibilities were changbin just acting like something was up so he can suprise the younger. but when he observes how changbin is behaving, it doesn't seem like he's acting at all, (not that felix knew about movie acting, maybe changbin was just really skilled) so it made him really anxious.