Chapter 3

Zak walked into his back garden and approached the back door. He stumbled for the keys in his pocket, and saw that they weren't there. He checked his second pocket and it was empty, a rush of cold blood swept though Zak. He opened his gym bag and looked inside, and then, thankfully, Zak saw his house key placed recklessly in his gym clothes. Zak placed the key in the lock and twisted it, opening the door. He walked in and sighed. He proceeded to take off his trainers and lifted them to put them in the front hall. As he walked past the living room to the hall, he saw the TV turned on. He figured he left the TV on this morning and forgot to turn it off. As he walked in the room, he saw someone sitting on the couch, and jumped a little when the person looked at Zak. ''Jesus Lauren, why didn't you text me you were going home early today?'' Zak asked the person sitting on the couch.

It was only his sister Lauren. ''Thought you were already home, so there was no point in texting.'' She replied, not taking her eyes off the screen. Zak rolled his eyes and put his shoes in the hall, then came back to sit down beside his sister. ''What are you watching.'' Zak asked. ''A show, but the more important question is, where were you?'' she replied. Zak tensed up a bit, but then answered ''Basketball practice,'' he said. His sister turned her head to him, and so did he.
''I know you're lying,''
''Receipts please,'' Zak replied with a smirk.
His sister groaned, and looked back at the TV, while Zak giggled to himself. ''I know you're lying because you got so tensed up, and I can see the fear on your face!'' she said. 'shoot, she knows' Zak thought.
''And what if I am? What would you do with the info?'' Zak said, trying to sound smart. His sister chuckled, ''I'll sell it on the black market'' she said. ''But come on, we hardly see eachother, spill the beans,'' she pleaded. Zak thought for a moment, 'It is true, i mean what harm would it be'
''I was walking down the hall to go home from practice, and I heard someone play the guitar and I was like ''OOoh'' and I found out this guy named Darryl plays the guitar and he knows MCR so we chatted for a while and he gave me his number, he seems cool!'' Zak said with a smile. His sister turned to him once more.
''Is he cute?'' she asked. Zak felt his cheeks get warm, and he stopped for a second ''Um, how should I know? We just spoke for a while I don't get why you're so interested,'' Zak replied looking down on the carpet. He started to think about Darryl's appearance, Dirty blonde hair that was a bit messy, clunky glasses that fell off the bridge of his nose, red sweater and black ripped jeans. He remembered the boy's emerald green eyes and how they shone when he was playing the guitar. Zak felt his face heat up even more, and he lifter his sleeve to his mouth. Lauren chuckled again and opened her lips to speak, ''Zak's got a cruuuuuush'' she sang out loud. Zak turned his head to her and protested, ''You're just being annoying now! No I don't! I mentioned HE as a BOY-''
''That doesn't mean you cant have a boyfriennnd'' she sang out. ''UGHghhGhGhh'' Zak groaned and got off the couch.

''I'm done talking to you, I'm going upstairs.'' Zak said and he stormed off, while Zak was walking up the stairs, he heard his sister yell after him, ''Don't you start texting him! You might find out you're gay!''
''SHUT UP!'' he yelled and slammed his door with a thud.
Zak sighed and collapsed onto his bed. He groaned into his pillow in annoyance, his sister just wouldn't go day without annoying him. Zak turned himself around to look up at the ceiling in a deep thought, recalling all the things that happened today. He remembered Darryl's goofy smile, and how such a nerdy looking boy could ever play the guitar so epicly. He sighed and reached for his phone in his jacket. He unlocked it and deleted all the notifications. Zak thought it would be a good idea to call Vincent and rant to him like he always would.
Vincent was Zak's best friend since freshman year. They both met when Zak saw him sitting alone at a lunch table, and decided to join. Ever since then, they always had sat in the same table for lunch together, and always were there for eachother. Zak opened Discord and pressed his friends name in his DMs.

''Calling A6D#8749..''

''Mhmm, hello?'' Answered Vincent in a sleepy voice. ''Yo! Vincent! Can I rant to you or did I wake you up?'' Zak asked. Vincent sighed, but then Zak heard a different, also sleepy voice, ask a question Zak couldn't understand. ''Hold on a sec,'' Vincent said, then answered in a quiet voice. Zak got a bit confused and decided to ask Vincent after he ranted, because he couldn't keep all the annoyance in anymore. ''Ok I'm back, what do you need?'' Vincent asked.
''Oh my god you won't believe what just happened!'' Zak said into the microphone. Vincent sighed, ''Lauren?'' he asked
''It's always her! Why can't she just leave me alone and not annoy me? uGhGH'' Zak replied. He heard Vincent chuckle and then he told Zak to go on.

''So, when I was going back from practice, I heard someone playing the electric guitar and I looked and I saw this guy with blonde hair playing the guitar and I was like 'woah' so I walked in and he was like ''oh I'm sorry I thought this room wasn't busy'' n all that jazz, and I was like ''No its fine,'' and we had a talk, and he knows My Chemical Romance! We played a song together and holy shit he's good! Maybe better than you! So I got his phone number, and I really wanna text him but I don't know what to say,'' Zak said, Vincent was only humming along to what he was saying, signalizing he was paying attention. ''Ok, cool, but whats his name?'' Vincent asked.
''Oh his name is Darryl'' Zak replied. He heard the same mutter voice say something and Zak got too curious and just asked ''Vincent, I hear a voice, is someone there with you?''
''Uhhh, I'll call you back-'' and Vincent hung up.

Zak heard a beep and put the phone from his ear to his pillow and looked at his reflection in the black loading screen. Zak sighed and locked his phone, looking up at the ceiling once more, thinking to himself. 'should I text him? I mean it would be weird if I got his phone number and never texted him.' Zak turned around again and unlocked his phone and pressed the message app. Pulling up his contacts, he typed the letter 'D' and pressed search. He found Darryl's contact and pressed the 'Text' option, and started typing.

(1196 Words)