Chapter 2

"A guardsman who survived to Astartes," shouted Brother Helka, "what did you do," he asked finally as he stepped away from Angus.
"I survived Cadia," Angus stood proud as glared at the grey knight. Suddenly a pale white plated hand rested against Angus' shoulder as a soft voice stated, "Brother, follow. You are requested at Alpha two." Angus swung round to see Brother Louie standing behind him, holding him helmet in his right hand. "Coming Brother," replied Angus as he looked over the Barricade. Auspex indicated a fluctuations in psychic energy that read minimal but unusual, especially for tyranids.
     Brother Louie and Angus marched away from the grey knights in silence as the scents of oils and incense lurked in the air, blocking the stench of rotten corpses of xenos and space marines. Marines continued to march up and down the encampment, tech priests scuttled in and out of their workshops, transport vessels glided down to the ground slowly and with thunderous roars diffracting from their engines. Primaris Marines gathered around small canteen like installation, gaily laughing and boasting about victories in battle. Not a single marine stopped one uping the other with tails of bloody battle against deamon, heretics, or xenos.
     Louie and Angus still marched alongside eachother but hadn't said a word since they left the grey knights, Angus slowly grew weary of Louie as they continued to march but he knew he could always trust him. Louie was the first person Angus met on day one of the training program, both them helping eachother through the brutal tests and practical practice runs. Louie had saved Angus two hundred times but Angus returned the favour two hundred and fifty times, that probably made them equal but Angus never felt that way. Angus would occasionally make minor jokes about the difference between Louie and himself and who was the better soldier at different things but they always came back to a small play fight.
   "Brother, why are we going to Alpha two," inquired Angus as he glanced over at Louie.
"The Captain needs you, also the grey knight captain has a oath for you," replied Louie, almost exerting a small skip as he said it. Angus suddenly slammed to halt, Louie following seconds after, and peeled his helmet from off his head. "Did you say I am to take a new oath," Angus paused for a second as he looked Louie in his neon green visor, "from the grey knight captain," Angus' eyes began to dilate rapidly, "what company," he finally shouted. Louie wrenched his helmet off before replying, "twelfth company brother." Angus punched the air, his power armour roaring along the movement. "Then we run, we cannot leave the oath to cool Brother Louie," Angus suddenly slammed his helmet on his side before grinding his feet into the ground, beginning his heavy charge. Louie watched as Angus ran at thirty miles an hour towards the Alpha two before dashing after him rapidly.
   Angus ripped up the ground under his ceramite boots, dodging every space marine, Adeptus Mechanicus and servitor like a delicate swan. As he ran, Angus felt the air grasping his pale flesh and the ground ripping rapidly under his feet. Dirt flew into the air, almost landing on Louie as he followed rapidly - slowly catching up with Angus but panting heavily. Looking in front, properly, Angus could slowly made out a large pale grey building, marked with a large yellow circle with a black wolf head howling. "Alpha two," stated Angus as he continued to charge.
    A minute later Angus slid to a halt outside the building, a trail of mud and ripped forest floor followed Angus for ten metres. Louie arrived one ten seconds after, glaring at Angus. "You can never walk can you," panted Louie as he slowly stood up fully. Angus glanced over at Louie, a smile creeping across his face, as he marched into Alpha two. Louie stopped panting, recoiled his spine and standing sentinel outside the door. All was quite, besides the roars and groans of machines.
     Inside Alpha two, Angus slowly marched by banners hanging pendulous above the steel plated corridors. Angus admired the grand parchments as they draped above, reading text of the Emperor's great wisdom and guidance being mankind's survival. "The Emperor protects those who execute their duty. The Emperor has given you your duty, let it protect you," read most of the banners. Angus felt warmer as he read each banner but suddenly heard loud and booming voices bellowing in disagreement. "No Captain Andrew! We can't just launch a full scale attack upon the Tyranids, half of the company are training recruits," Angus marched into a giant glossy black room filled with a Primaris Captain, the Grey Knight commander, two Primaris Chaplains and a Librarian. The Primaris Captain was donned in luxurious pale grey plate Primaris armour, his helmet sat donned on his shoulders gently.  The Captain's visor shimmered in the floresent lighting and his holy oath scintillated as he thrusted his arm towards the Grey Knight commander. "What do you suggest then, commander," inquired the Primaris Captain. Angus stood sentinel as the two giants barked at eachother.