Chapter 4

Back on Fest Prime Alpha, in building Alpha two, Angus was witnessing verbal combat between space marine and space marine. Angus had read of the Horus Heresy and heard of it's bloody resolution but now feared that this verbal conflict could end in such a brutal manner.
"Commanders, I - Angus of the Space Wolves chapter - would like to place my thoughts forward to avoid any further conflict," shouted Angus as he marched closer to the table separating the two commanders. The raging storms of shouting suddenly fell to silence. A librarian slowly walked over to Angus and rested his left hand upon Angus' armoured shoulder. "Speak, give us advice that could stop the internal conflict," commanded the librarian softly and calmly. Angus stood tall and fast as he prepared to exert his position, "thank you sir," he started, "I disagree with an all out, frontal assault," the grey knight suddenly gestured over to Angus but Angus raised his hand, instantly stopping the grey knight from saying further, "as a primary assault. We must move to four distinct locations of the tyranid hive, surround it, cutting off any further reinforcements from the ground. Air strike teams can cut off the orbital support, with the support of Thunderhawks in the atmosphere, and our battle ships in orbit can irradiate the enemy. If both plans fail, we must resort to evacuation of the planet and exterminatus." Angus watched as the commanders contemplated the strategy, quietly discussing between themselves. "You have done what we needed you to do without us saying. You have passed your first test from the first stage. Well done, we will inform our gunships and you can inform the Captains in the room next door of our new plan," exclaimed the Primaris Captain as he glanced over at Angus. Angus bowed graciously and strode to a large door, a servitor floated sentinel watching as he marched up to the door. "Angus of recruitment regiment. Computing," the servitor hovered at eye level with Angus like a cold statue.
     The servitor hovered a few seconds longer before the doors behind it burst open with a sharp hiss. Angus strode into the room, pushing the servitor away, and was met by ten space marine captains standing to attention around a giant steel table. "At ease," Angus looked puzzled for a moment before hesitantly saying, "sirs," Angus walked to the head of the giant steel table. The captains slide into their chairs as Angus stood proud in his gleaming armour.
"Recruit brother, do you have input for the mission ahead," inquired one of the captains down at the opposite end of the table, his armour was of the Imperial Fist and held a large banner of the Emperor on his backpack.
       "Captain, I have more than input," stated Angus, "I have a full plan of attack that will help us conquer the tyranid scum and purge them from this planet once and for all." Angus explained a brutal and detailed plan, explaining positioning of every post and spending seven hours explaining what is to happen.
      The end of the meeting left Angus breathless and tired but his spine remained erect. The captains saluted Angus, Angus returning the same honour, and marched out in a long line. Angus watched the captains march out uniformly, as a smile grew between the tips of his cheeks. "I have given my orders, now to execute them," he told himself before marching out of the room.

  However, the Corrupt Wolf swam through the horror of the warp slowly. It's engines howling as daemons walked across the top of the hull. Goroth stood alone as he watched over the bridge of his mighty vessel, watching as the warp rippled around his ship. Abruptly, a vox communication roared to life and the words "Goroth, you insulting dog" dashed from the ceiling. "You are to drop out of warp immediately, or I will hunt you like the foul creature you are," the voice roared angrily and Goroth coward quietly.
     "Disengage then Warp, we have arrived!" Goroth slammed his fists against the railings as he bellowed his orders. The cultists below scurried around and heretic Astartes marched around dauntingly. The ship slowly re-entered real space, above a giant planet orbited by a fleet of a thousand battle cruisers.