Chapter Seventeen

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains graphic violence. I really don't think it's that bad, but I am numb to this sort of stuff so I don't know if I'm the best judge. If you are sensitive to that kind of thing, I will have a Content Warning (C/W) when it starts and ends so you can skip the violence.
Don't worry, it starts super sweet.

Grian smiled as Mumbo ran his fingers over his golden feathers.

"Mm"

"You good?"

"Feels nice"

Mumbo chuckled softly, the vibrations from his chest radiating through Grian's head which was tucked snugly in the crook of the tall engineer's neck.

Grian sighed. He felt so safe and comfortable, lying in bed, wrapped in Mumbo's arms.

"Can't we just stay here all day?" He asked.

Mumbo hummed his approval, giving Grian's hand a squeeze.

"Whatever you want"

Grian pulled his head up slightly, repositioning himself so he was propped up on Mumbo's chest. He wanted to see his face.

"But what do you want?"

Mumbo stroked Grian's cheek with his thumb before cupping his face in both hands, blushing at his own forwardness.

"Just you. Only you"

Grian leaned into his hands lovingly before going back to his previous position. He brushed his hair against his husband's neck, trying to tickle him.

Mumbo clutched Grian's hand suddenly, showing Grian that he had been successful. He giggled.

"Don't tease" Mumbo grunted.

"Pfft"

Grian rolled his eyes and snuggled closer, knowing Mumbo's face was bright red.

"I wouldn't be me if I didn't tease"

He sighed, relaxing his arm while drawing circles on Mumbo's chest.

"Besides" he continued. "You love it"

"I do" Mumbo murmured.

Grian bit his lip, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

"Mumbo I love-"

"WAKE UP!"

Grian shrieked as freezing cold water was dumped over his body. He shivered and clutched his head in his hands.

Of course it was too good to be real.

"You know what time it is" Cub smirked.

"No" Grian groaned. "Please..."

Cub laughed.