NIALL: LOVE IS BLIND

I felt his fingers intertwine with mine. The touch of his soft, warm hands made me calm, as usual. His thumb stroke mine, gently and when my hand got lifted, a kiss got pressed on it. “Don’t worry, I’ll bring you home. I’ll lead you,” Niall said softly, so no one else but me would hear it. I nodded. 

“Thank you,” I whispered back to him. He probably couldn’t hear it, my voice wasn’t loud enough, but he’d read my lips. The sounds of the traffic scared me. They were so loud and everywhere. The sounds also confused me. I didn’t exactly know where they came from, but I trusted on Niall. He said he’d lead me and I’d follow. He had never let me down and I knew, this time he wouldn’t do it either. I didn’t trust many people, but since I had met Niall, he had proven me that I could trust him. We left the sidewalk, crossed the road and found another sidewalk. Niall talked to me. He was always the one who was talking and I always listened. I loved his voice. His voice was gorgeous and I loved just listening at it, nothing more nothing less. And he knew it. That’s why he was always talking, no matter where we were. And it was a prove to me that he was still there. By my side and he hadn’t left. It made me feel comfortable. 

“Are we almost there?” I interrupted Niall’s talking. I didn’t even know what he was talking about. I just listened to every little detail in his voice. 

“Yes. Don’t be scared love.” He could probably read that from my face. He squeezed my hand and I squeezed back. When the noises of the traffic faded, I knew we were almost there. The hood I was living wasn’t that busy. All you could hear was the noise of kids playing outside and it was a noise that also made me feel calm. The traffic was dangerous, kids playing outside weren’t. Niall let go of my hand and I heard the door getting opened. “Come in. Watch the doorstep.” 

“I know.” Funny how he still used the word watch. Only as if. He didn’t grab my hand this time. I knew where to walk. This was my own house. I could even walk the stairs by myself and that’s where Niall went, upstairs. I followed him, counted the steps I had to take and when I was upstairs, Niall and I went to my bedroom. “Thank you,” I said to Niall as I sat down on my bed. I felt Niall taking place besides me and his hand rested on my leg. 

“You’re very welcome.”

“No really, thank you for always walking me home. It means the world to me, even more if that’s possible. If you wouldn’t do this, I wouldn’t know where I’d be right now.” Niall wrapped an arm around me and pulled me a little closer.

“You don’t have to thank me for this love. I love holding your hand, I love constantly talking to you and I love to make sure you’re ok. If I wouldn’t do this, I would know where I’d be right now. I’d be in my own room, worrying about you.” A smile spread across my face and even though I couldn’t see it, I knew Niall’s face was also adorned by a smile. A few seconds later, I felt his soft lips on my cheek. “You know that I’d never leave your side. Don’t be scared about it, because I won’t. I’ll be here, forever, to lead you through this world and even though you can’t see how beautiful it is, I will still show  you how beautiful it is. I will do everything to make you enjoy life. I will take you to places anywhere in the world and you may not see the beautiful nature over there, but you can feel the wonderful culture, you can hear beautiful music you’ve never heard before and you can maybe even smell the beauty of the countries. You can taste the food over there and you can touch everything. You may not be able to see it, but I know you don’t need that. You still have four more senses to live with and for the rest of your life, I’ll be your eyes.” Niall was holding my face in his hands. I couldn’t see anything, but I felt him coming closer until his lips touched mine. I loved this boy. I loved him with all my heart and I didn’t know what he looked like, but I bet he’s gorgeous. The most important thing to me was that his voice was gorgeous. His hands were soft and so were his hair and lips. He smelled amazing and so was the taste of him. But even more important than that was the way he made me feel. He made me feel special and beautiful. I didn’t even know what beautiful looked like, I had never seen it. But I knew what it was. I knew it was the way Niall made me feel. The words he said, the things he did and the love he gave. It was all the definition of beauty. But whenever someone asked me what the exact definition of beauty was, all I had to say was: “The love Niall and I have for each other.” Because that love was blind, but beautiful.