Two Mother Birds

A gorgeous sky overtakes the scenery as Rachel lounged by the poolside of Nora's house. It's a happy day: a day of kids swimming in the pool, families eating great barbeque meals, adults chatting with wine glasses in hand, and more kids running around whilst squirting each other with water. Taking a drink from her beer bottle, Rachel takes a look at her phone to see a few texts from Emily. This ranged from her telling the family she's sad over not attending Nora's Fourth of July party, how work's going right now, and a not so subtle reminder to apologize for her outburst. Dear lord. Is she really holding onto that shitshow that happened a week ago? Ignoring the urge to fire any rounds at her over the phone, Rachel simply updates her fiancée on how the party's going. A small chuckle escapes her mouth as she recounts Brice falling on his ass while trying to catch his food from falling off his plate. He's lucky he didn't drop any grub, or he'd be more than embarrassed in front of everybody. He is his little girl's hero, after all. The woman took another drink of her beer soon after putting her phone down. She then sees Natalie sitting next to a boy on the side of the pool. They talked about that new Amazing Spider-Man that they're gonna see this weekend. In all honesty; and yes, this is her opinion. The Rami trilogy is the best Spider-Man story. She could tell right away that Natalie likes him. He has piercing green eyes that very well captured her own chocolate ones. Plus, he seemed to have a charm that makes Natalie want more than just another friendship with this kid. Rachel continues her lounging until a strong voice calls for her attention.
             "Hello, Rachel" Rachel hums a bit to see the beauty sitting right next to her. Her criss cross full cut one piece really stands out thanks to the bright purple looking great on her body. Best of all, her hair wasn't in that stuck up ponytail she usually had, but instead had it fall down to the end of her neck. If she wasn't fucking Emily, she'd sure as hell be destroying Nora. What's not to love about this chick? Big tits, a great ass that rivals Emily soft but firm behind, smart as hell, and a very good friend. Nora Richardson is those things, and a cool older sister to her.
             "Rachel!" Nora snapped. Rachel's dazed state went away as soon as that angry tone entered the chill vibe.
            "Sup?" Rachel said in an everso casual manner.
            "Your mindset right now. How's that doing?" Nora says in an abrasively sarcastic tone of voice.
           "Ohh, it helped me get back to see the bitch you can be. So, what's up?" Rachel's cocky smile made its way back to her face while Nora sat next to her best friend.
            "I just want to see how you and Emily's wedding is going" Nora's doubts begin silently  crawling in her skin. She can't help it. Rachel just has a great deal of arrogance that'll most likely do more harm than good in the long run. But, she can't do anything about it. It's not her life. It's theirs. Rachel gives out a sigh as she immediately updates Nora about their engagement so far.
            "Well, it's going. We're still getting all the boring shit out of the way. Ya know: setting up the spot, getting the invitations all squared away, which band we're gonna have, and how our lifestyles are gonna mix" Nora's fears still persist, but she keeps it to herself.
            "Ya know, let's talk about your lovelife, Miss. Single lady" Rachel takes a chug of the bottle before Nora speaks up.
            "My love life is none of your business. Ohh, and if-"
            "Let me guess, you goggling over those girls in the shower from our last workout wasn't anything special?" Rachel's retort makes Nora want to smack her former student on the back of her neck. However, because it'll follow some very "extreme" language afterwood, she kept it to herself.
           "Exactly" Rachel takes one final chug from her bottle before setting it on the small table between the two women sitting next to each other.
           "How many bottles did you chug?" Nora retorts herself. Even she couldn't resist good banter with her best friend.
          "This. Well, this is my third one" Rachel admits.
         "Last time you said that was before you passed out piss drunk"
         "Hah! Same to you!" The two women have a giggle at that statement. It's true, after all.
        "You know that you're much worse, Ms. Lockwood"
        "Yeah, yeah. But, when you get hammered, you get pretty badass" Nora scoffs playfully before firing back.
        "First off, that's between you and me. Second, that's on you, and you know it" Rachel laughs evilly while Nora did the same... a little bit. Unfortunately, their motherly sides had to come into the fold when two particular little girls came up to them.
        "Hey, mom" Natalie says before Rachel kisses Natalie's forehead whilst Nora does the same with Fiona.
       "What's up, Nat?"
       "Ohh, we just wanted to check up on you guys" Natalie said honestly.
       "We're doing just fine, Natalie" Nora says while massaging Fiona's shoulders.
       "Ok. That's good" Nat said before her mother speaks up.
       "How's that new boytoy of yours, Nat?" Rachel's attempt at jokingly mocking her daughter is met with her daughter going on the defensive.
        "He's just a guy friend, mom"
        "Yeah, and soon he'll be your boy toy" Natalie rolls her eyes before going back to her previous area, Fiona following suit.
        "If he becomes a fuck boy, kick him to the curve!" The policewoman barked. This gets a response, no, more of a scolding from Nora.
        "Don't swear like that!" Nora snaps in a softer tone as to not attract attention.
        "Don't get your panties in a twist!" Rachel said in a very cocky demeanor. Although wanting to argue more with her, Nora kept it to herself. The two continue lounging together without a care in the world. It doesn't matter if they had differences like their views on what's safe and unsafe for their children, nor did their ways of interacting with their friends  make them dislike each other. They still loved each other, and nothing could change that.