08.

astrid instantly got up out of her bed and ran to  the bathroom, vigorously putting on deodorant then brushing her teeth

astrid instantly got up out of her bed and ran to  the bathroom, vigorously putting on deodorant then brushing her teeth. she gave her hair a quick floof before going over to her closet and putting on a pair of spandex shorts and an oversized sweatshirt. she sprayed herself with her favorite perfume, chanel no. 5, and grabbed her air force 1's and snuck out her window.

as if on cue, nate pulled up in his signature black truck with a smile on his face. he saw astrid climbing out of her window and honked with a smirk on his face. astrid gasped before running over to his truck and whisper yelling, "shut the fuck up!". astrid jogged over to the passenger side and hopped in before she got caught by her mother. she buckled her seatbelt and turned to nate, smacking him in the arm. "asshole." she laughed. nate smiled at her, "my hand slipped." he said with a sly smile. astrid shook her head and flipped him off.

"so, where are we going?" she asked. nate looked at astrid, then back at the road and sighed. "somewhere where i can clear my head." he said softly. astrid nodded, reaching over and giving his hand a slight squeeze to let him know everything was going to be okay. "yeah, i think we both have had a pretty fucked up couple of days." she said with a sigh, leaning back in her seat. nate frowned slightly. "this about rue?" he questioned, his left hand gripping the steering wheel as his knuckles turned white. he wasn't very fond of rue. well, correction, he hated her fucking guts after what she did to astrid. astrid nodded softly. "she came to see me when i was in the hospital, but i was already discharged and caught her in the parking lot." she explained. "she said she needed to talk but after you told me everything i can't even look at her anymore. i don't know what i'm gonna do come monday morning." astrid signed thinking about going back to school. "wait you're coming back? why so soon?" nate asked. astrid shrugged as nate pulled into a parking deck and drove to the top. "i just want things to get back to normal, you know. well as normal as things can get." nate parked the car and turned to look at astrid. "rue was just my person, you know? we just clicked. i got her and she got me, and now it's all gone. i don't have a person anymore." astrid explained on the verge of tears. "fuck that bitch." nate said, which was a typical nate response, making astrid chuckle. "yeah." astrid said softly. "fuck that bitch."

"no seriously." nate said. "fuck her. she left you for dead. what type of person does that? let alone a friend." he said. "i don't know, nate. i really don't know, i'm trying to wrap my head around it, but i can't." she said, looking over at his stern face. "it's okay." she said, putting her hand on his cheek as his face relaxed. "i'll be okay." she said softly. nate sighed and took her hand into his and brought it up to his mouth, kissing her knuckles softly. "i know." he mumbled. "i'll make sure of it." astrid smiled softly, but then quickly replaced it with a frown as she took her hand away. "so what happened with maddy?" she asked, as nate sat back and sighed. "she's a cheating bitch, that's what happened." nate said sharply. "yeah i heard about what happened at mckay's party." nate's face paled slightly, "yeah? what parts?" he asked, already knowing the answer. "all of it, including what happened with that new chick rue's hanging with now." she scoffed. "what did i always say about your temper, bonehead?" astrid joked, trying to lighten the mood. "yeah well when you went under, something's i just couldn't keep in anymore." nate whispered, turning to look over at astrid. "i know, i hurt a lot of people." astrid whispered, looking down at her lap. nate took his hand and lifted her chin slightly, "shh, i'm just glad you're okay. that's all that matters." nate said, look at her as the moon illuminated her face. "you're so beautiful." he whispered, leaning in slowly. astrid found herself leaning in as well as her lips parted slightly. as their lips molded into each other, their bodies began to heat up, electricity flowing through them. this kiss wasn't like any kiss astrid or nate have had before. it was slow and passionate, and they wanted to savor every moment. astrid took of her seatbelt and climbed over the center console, into nate's lap. the two stopped kissing to gaze into each other's eyes breathlessly with a soft smile.

"god i've missed you so much." nate breathed out, with a smile as he reclined his chair and smashed his lips onto astrid's again.