13.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i added a song that reminds me of nate and astrid in this chapter so please listen while you read!!

enjoy :)

ASTRID'S POV

well, here i am.

standing inside of an empty utility closet, feeling like a complete idiot.

i told ethan that i was feeling unwell and needed to go to the nurse's for the rest of period.

and he believed me.

he's such a sweetheart. him and kat would be perfect together, i need to get started on a plan to get them together.

my brief planning was cut short when the door handle to closet started to turn.

i began to slightly panic. i grabbed the nearest item to use as a weapon, which was a bottle of bleach.

i point the bottle at the door as it slowly opens.

"short stack?" a voice whispers.

i roll my eyes and lower the bottle once i see nate peek his head in.

"you're late asshole, get in here." i said, pulling him in by his shirt. "what was so urgent that you needed me here?" i asked

"you know, a hello would be nice." nate says cockily with a smirk.

"well you're kind of pissing me off today so." i shrug.

"c'mon you seriously can't still be mad at me astrid." he groans.

"yes i can!" i scoffed. "you promised me you'd chill out. i asked for one thing nathaniel!"

"oh god. are you talking about the kid in the hall? he's a fucking loser." nate said, waving him off.

"his name is ethan." i retorted.

"oh whatever." he rolled his eyes.

i shake my head. "you just don't get it, do you?" i mumbled.

"what is there to get astrid?" nate said, looking down at me. i hate arguing with him, i do. it's just sometimes he can be so...

dense.

"i got a second chance nathaniel. a second chance to burn bridges. a second chance to make new friendships. a second chance to get in touch with myself. a second chance to find out who i truly am." i explained.