June 30, 1940

Steve woke up morning and smiled when he saw that his redhead was still in the bed next to him. She looks so innocent when she was asleep almost like the world hadn't gotten to her yet, like she was not scared of all the things going on in the world anymore she looked at peace, and that warmed his heart to the max. He didn't wanna look away from her she was so hypnotizing. However when he saw Bucky, his childhood friend, come walking into his hospital room he tore his keys away.

" you've got to be kidding me right Rogers?" He said walking in, Steve motioned his hand as a signal for him to stay quiet and not wake up Natasha. "I couldn't believe it when they told me that you got shot. Actually no that's a lie I did believe it because you do dumb things like that, however what I can't believe is that you are letting the person that shot you sleep beside you I don't understand that I don't get that and I think your completed idiot."

" Bucky,"

" no don't you bucking me. She's dangerous do you she shot you in the chest. You could have died. Do you understand that? Do you understand that there is a possibility that you couldn't be here right now?" Bucky yelled.

" well if that was the case at least I won't have to sit here and listen to you scream at me which reminds me can you keep your voice down she sleeping I don't want to wake up" Steve said.

"Oh yes cause that would be horrible of us to wake up the girl who just shot you!" He stared. " what the hell is wrong with you? What happened to you in the month that you were taking but now you believe this woman who shot you is a good guy. The good guy that is allowed to sleep in your bed, your hospital bed, the one that she put you in!"

" you didn't see what I saw Bucm, you haven't seen what she had to go through. She's not the bad guy here, and I don't want you calling her though." Steve said, his voice leaving no room for disagreement, however, Bucky being Bucky kept pushing.

" she's killed Steve. When I told you you need to find a girl I'm a nice girl, a normal girl, one who won't kill you in your sleep. Or do you know one who hasn't shot you!" He said. " I knew you were an idiot, but I didn't know you were such an idiot that I need to explain to you that you don't go sleeping with the person who tried to shoot you."

" she didn't try to shoot me, she tried to shoot herself she tried to kill herself. I stopped her before she could do that she never put me to danger." Steve corrected.

" oh really you wanna put a bet on that?" He asked. " let's go down Memory Lane shall we? Where have you been the last month exactly with who? I'm guessing she gave you food every night right? That's why you lost what is it like 10 pounds? And she also let your bath every day right? Because you don't smell at all."

" all of that was her father. That wasn't her, and you should know that you should know that as long as I can help her she staying in my life Buck and I want you to get along with her."

"Why?"

" because she's a good person in-"

" no why is she can appeal your life, why is she staying here?" Bucky asked with an exhausted look lacing his face.

"I care about her. I really really care about her, and I don't want her out in a world that hates her, I don't want her to be alone. So long as she's here she's under my protection that includes from you. I don't care if you like her but I want you to be nice to her. She's been through shit, and she doesn't deserve to treated as a threat for Ivan's dirty work!" Steve gritted his teeth, he was frustrated.

" this is a horrible idea, you don't know her stuff. You don't know what she's capable of I'm warning you as your best friend not to do this."