June 29, 1940

October 10th, 1924

"You know that secret to love my dear?" A hand comb through Natasha's hair, she was young once again, free of all things horrible. Not a single pinch of darkness within her. 

"No," She answered and a woman's laugh filled the air. 

"I have been married to Nick for such a long time and I could honestly tell you that I don't know either." She laughed. "I Nadia Fury have been for Nick for over 3 years or whatever and I have yet to understand the secrete to find it was." 

"There was nothing special?" 

"Well, of course, there was something special, you feel it. Perhaps not at first but you do, you soon start to realize that you're with the one, but you don't know how it happened." She sighed. 

"I don't think I can ever find love," Natasha spoke vert softly that it was almost impossible to find it. 

"Someone out there is going to love you, my dear. Want to know how I know?" She asked. "Because I know you," 

"You only just met me," 

"And I have loved you since the moment I saw you," She smiled. "There will be someone out there who will love you, and if it seems like there is no one, I promise you there will always be someone to love you. Who knows you might find love in the most absurd place,"

"I can't wait to have someone to love me the way that Nick loves you," 

"If I am being honest with you Nick's way of loving people is strange and unique, he may seem like he is distant at times but he's trying to protect you, so just know if he's ever cold to you he has his reasons. He will always love us, I can almost guarantee it. I know I will always love him, and you."  Natasha could only smile, was this the only form of love she'd ever get? Who knows but she really missed the warmth and comfort that Nadia gave. Why did everything nice have to be taken so unjustly from her? It almost seemed unfair. Maybe love was just out of her rains. 

The sound of the gunshots rang but all Natasha could here was Nadia's voice speaking to her in a gentle reassuring way. Her mind was blank and blurry, but the strange thing was she didn't feel any pain. Not a single ounce of pain. 

But she shot herself. 

She pulled the trigger and shot herself. 

She heard footsteps of someone walking toward her, and she opened her eyes. She realized she was no longer in the middle of nowhere but instead in a building, it was nice but you could tell no one really put much effort into keeping it clean and nice. 

"How are you feeling?" She recognized the voice, it was Nick. 

"Where am I?" 

"Shield." He answered. "How are you feeling?" He repeated the question. 

"Why do I not feel any pain?" 

"Well, you've been out for three days, maybe the contributed. But you only hit your head on a rock when Rogers pushed you to the ground."

"He what?" she scrunched her face. "What happened?"

"You really don't remember?" He asked before sighing. "When you went to pull the lever, he practically raced toward you and moved the gun in his direction, why didn't point it somewhere else is beyond me. He pushed you and then you passed out."