Why Roman

Patton Pov:

We walk into the room and I saw Roman laying on the hospital bed looking up at the plain white ceiling.

"Hey kiddo, how are you feeling?"
Roman replied exhausted, "High."
This time I said to slower, "how. are. you. feeeling?"
Logan interrupted me, "no he feels high."
"Oh, well they did say you would be loopy."
Roman put his hand on his forehead, "When can I get out of here?"
"We're not sure, they just said we could come see you," Logan told him.
Roman stood up, "Virgil isn't here?"
"Oh, he stayed behind to talk to the police," Just then we saw the door open.
Virgil walked in and gave Roman an awkward wave, "hey."
"Speak of the devil," his face went from panicked to casual.
"Sorry, I had to-"
Roman said, "You had to talk to the police I know, Logan told me."
The room got silent for a second so I said, "me and Logan will let you talk." I dragged Logan out of the room, and shut the door.

Once we were out of the room me and Logan decided to get some cookies they provided, and then sit and talk.

When we sat down and started talking a doctor came up to us, "You are here with Roman Sanders correct?"
"Yeah? Is everything okay," I stood up.
"We have to inform you that... well Roman has been cutting himself."

I felt my heart drop, I couldn't speak. I felt my face get pale. All I could think was "why" why did he do it.