10. Ask

dellasko asked : LB, why did you give Ruby a second chance?

LB: Second? I would say she got more than just one "second chance". Well... we all make mistakes, dont we? So Ruby isn't an exception. You need mistakes to learn... but you have to get it right after the first fail...at least if you work for a secret agency or something  like that. So after the second or third failure I was ready to kick her out, and believe me any other person would've left Spectrum at the same day they made a mistake twice. But... Hitch convinced me. Wirh things like "LB, she is still young. Don't you feel sympathy for her as you've gone through a similar situation?", "Bradley would've really liked her... dont you think he would say that she deserves a chance?"... all of them were no fair arguments, but it worked.
I didn't want to kick her out because of hate or because I am just mean. But you need to understand that the things we work with are very risky, one mistake and everything will get really really bad. And by the way, I myself could get in trouble if my agents dont operate as planed or demanded. I may be the boss but.. just of Spectrum 8, not of the whole organisation. There are very few people who could overpower my orders but ... they exist. And if it wouldn't had worked out with Ruby, I could have been in a lot of trouble.