Chapter 1

Veronica's POV:

I woke up to another day as any other, not realizing that today would unknowingly be a very important day in my life.
I woke up, got dressed did my hair and makeup, ate breakfast and brushed my teeth. I left my house as my dad was pulling into the driveway.

Dad: "Where are you going all dressed up at 11 in the morning."

I was wearing jeans and a shirt. My hair was curled and my makeup was done. He knew that I was going out.

Me: " I'm going on a date at the mall. It's at 12:30. I'm going to Sophia's house after, so I won't be home until tomorrow."

Sophia is my best friend. She's so caring, funny and understanding. I can trust her with anything.

Dad: " Okay, be safe, have fun."

I got into my car and started driving. It was already 11:22, which gave me just enough time to get to the mall. As I was driving I put on some music. This usually makes the hour long car ride seem shorter. About 20 minutes into the drive, I needed to use the restroom. I thought that it would be better to go before my date so my date didn't have to wait on me at the mall. I pulled into a Circle K and parked my car to go inside. As soon as I got inside, I could hear faint music coming from one of the back isles. I ignored it and walked straight to the back of the store where there was six to eight people as I walked by. There was a group of 3 teenage boys and one or two couples together. The music seemed to come from the boys. I kept walking to the bathroom where I did my business. As I walked out, the three boys were turning the same corner as me from the opposite way. The taller boy of the group leaded as the other two followed closely behind him. As soon as I turned the corner, the boys did the same from the other direction. The leading boy was holding soda, chips and candy all in his hands. He ran into me while turning the corner, spilling half of his drink on me.

Me: " ...Um."

I didn't know what to say. My shirt was ruined and it was already 11:58. I had thirty minutes to finish a forty minute drive and find a new shirt.

Boy: "oh shit... my bad. I didn't mean to.
Me: " ugh... it's-"

I looked up to see 3 very cute boys. But this was besides the point.

Me: "you're, I mean it's fine."
Boy: "My bad, for real."

I walked out and back to my car as fast as I could. I felt like crying. I opened my trunk to desperately find anything to wear. I found an old hoodie, thankfully. I put it on over my shirt and rushed to get in my car and back onto the road.

Word count: 509

Authors note: I'm sorry if the chapters are not as long as others, but I'll try to post more often (as often as I can) I already have 16 chapters and progress on 17 prewritten so I should be able to keep up with posting. If you have any suggestions for the story you can leave them down below!
Posted: February 19, 2020