Chapter 2

Veronica's POV:

By this point it's 12:06. I have twenty-five minutes to get to the mall even though it's still a forty minute drive. As I was driving, I could hear and feel my shirt sticking to my hoodie. At last I got to the mall, only eight minutes late. He must have been wondering where I am. I got to the food court and sat at a relatively big table. The mall was surprisingly not too busy. I sat at the table right in front of Panda Express. I texted my date telling him where I sat since he wasn't here yet either. I waited at the table for about twenty minutes. Not even a text back yet. I texted Sophia about what happened at Circle K and how my date wasn't here yet and even she wasn't replying now. It was pretty clear at this point that my day could not get any worse. 

Boy's POV:

The whole car ride to the mall was kinda awkward. I felt really bad about that girl even though my friends couldn't tell. When we got to the mall we went to Hollister and then Tilly's. After that we decided to get some food. We got Chick-Fil-A and then turned around to find a table. Before we could sit down, we saw the girl again.

Me: "guys... that girl is here haha"
Friend1: "damn that's crazy."
Friend2: " yo she's alone over there"
Me: " feels bad"
Friend2: " let's go sit by her then."
Me: "wait what"

Before I got an answer, they started walking towards her. I hurried to catch up with them.

Friend1: "hi, you probably remember us"
Girl: " how could I not?"
Friend2: "are you here by yourself?"
Girl: "um... yeah"
Friend1: "Do you care if we join you?"
Girl: "... no I guess you guys can stay."

We all sat down. I didn't even want to look at them I was embarrassed as hell. I kept accidentally looking though. (She's really pretty I didn't mean to 😂)

Me: "well... my bad about earlier."
Friend1: "sounded sincere."
Girl: "it's okay. It ended up not really mattering anyways."
Friend1: "why?"
Girl: "I was supposed to have a date here like 45 minutes ago but he never showed up."
Friend2: " that's sucks. Well a least we're here now."
Girl: " yeah that's good. By the way I'm Veronica"
Friend1: "I'm Alejandro"
Friend2: "I'm Kairi."
Me: "Mattia."

They were both grinning at her and then back at each other. I don't know what it is but it was making me uncomfortable. They seemed to all get along with each other but I stayed quiet.

Veronica's POV:

Although I almost hated these boys earlier, they were actually really chill and nice people. I checked my phone and still no replies. I texted Sophia again.

Sophia💕

Are we still hanging out to night?

Still no reply. I put my phone back down, giving the boys my full attention. We talked for around 2 hours in the mall until I got hungry. I bought food and ate it. After that I told them that I should probably get home.

Me: "well I should probably get going. I really need to change my shirt."
Kairi: "well do you have anything planned today?"
Me: "not really I just need to change."
Alejandro: "well that sucks you couldn't hang out longer. Who's house are we going to again?"
Mattia: "yours dumbass."

Mattia was kinda a jerk to everyone, even his friends. He didn't even give me a real apology. I tried to ignore it though, the other boys were really nice and genuine.

Alejandro: "you can come too if you want. Usually there's six of us but there's only us three today."

This is my chance to get new friends ever since I moved to New Jersey.

Word count: 641

Authors note: so I decided to combine some chapters so that they wouldn't be so short. I also decided that I would try to post once a day because of the shorter chapters, but since these ones are especially short I wanted to post twice today. I can't wait to get deeper in the story though because we got teaaaaaaa ☕️
Published: February 19, 2020