Chapter 7

Kairi's POV:

I woke up and all the boys were still sleeping. I had to go to the bathroom so I went upstairs to find it. I got upstairs and saw Mattia walking out of Veronica's room. "She's mad at me again." He smiled at me and slightly laughed as he walked by me. I ignored him and went to her room. I knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again.

Veronica: "go away, Mattia."
Me: "no, it's Kairi."

She sounded more upset than mad. I heard the door unlock and she opened the door. She stood there for a second before giving me a hug.

Veronica: "you're my best friend right?"
Me: "of course. What's wrong?"

Veronica's POV:

I told Kairi everything. How my mom passed away and why I had to move to New Jersey. I was a little nervous about telling him the last part though, but he's my best friend. I really do trust him. I'm closer with him than the rest of the boys for sure.

Me: "can I tell you one last thing?"
Kairi: "yes."
Me: "please don't tell anyone. It's really embarrassing."

I told Kairi about how I think I might like Mattia. I told him what happened in our conversation earlier and why I got mad. He really knows everything I been keeping t myself now. He knows more than even Sophia.

Kairi: "wait... you like Mattia?"
Me: "yeah I guess... that was the whole point of the story dummy."
Kairi: "ohhhhhhh... well me and the boys gotta go. I hope you feel better soon. I'll text you."
Me: "uh.. okay bye then."

That was more awkward than I planned. I hope he doesn't ghost me now. Now that the boys are gone and busy though, I can have a day to relax by myself. As I get about 45 minutes into my movie, I get a text from Mattia.

Mattia 👀

Is Kairi being deadass?

Did Kairi really tell him already?

Mattia's POV:
*Yesterday before going to Veronica's house*

We were at Alejandro's house while everyone was ordering Uber Eats and I was sitting in the back on tik tok. Kairi came and sat by me. I was on Veronica's account. I went off of it and back on the for you page. He started laughing.

Me: "what?"
Kairi: "why were you on her account again?"
Me: "to see what other dumb shit she posted today."
Kairi: " I swear whenever you on tik tok you either making them or watching hers."
Me: "do you ever shut up?"
Alejandro: "aye the app ain't working so if you want food you coming with me to get it."

Everyone went with Ale except for me and Kairi.

Kairi: "so what's up?"
Me: "with?"
Kairi: "you've been acting different. You act calmer when we're around just a couple of us, but you get rude as fuck around the whole group, like when Veronica is there. Whenever we go anywhere, you always ask about her. Whenever I look at your phone, something about her is always almost on there. We go out and you go out of your way to look after her."
Me: "....shit."

We kinda just sit in silence for a while. I don't know what to say or do. I didn't realize I acted or felt like that. I just automatically did those things.

Me: "... well what do I do now?"
Kairi: "you can start by not being a dick."
Me: "foul. I just don't know. It avoids being awkward I guess... how would normally talk to her?"
Kairi: "I don't know. We're going to he lake this weekend. Say something normal like about the view or the water. Just something that's not gonna piss her off. We're going to her house tonight, too. You should try to ease her into it."

Word count: 642