Chapter 5

-Skip to two weeks ahead-
(Beginning of July)

Veronica's POV:

The six of us have all gotten so close. I met Alvaro, Roshaun and Robert. All of us hang out almost everyday. Mattia is here, too, but he gets on my nerves. My dad is happy to see me happy.

Kairi: "so what's the move tomorrow?"
Me: "you guys can come to my house."
Alejandro: "bet."

By the next day, I had my house spotless, even though it was pretty clean already. I put the gift basket on a shelf in my room, so the boys wouldn't touch it. When the door bell rang, Lily started barking , so my dad came downstairs.

Me: "I'm having friends over."
Dad: "oh okay."

That was surprisingly easy. I opened the door and let them all in. In the back I saw Mattia.

Me: "why is he here?"

He walks past me like he didn't hear me. I ignore it. I got out a few blankets and put them in the living room. Mattia sat in the kitchen. He's such a loser. I got up to go to the bathroom. When I got back, Kairi asked me if I could get him another blanket. I went upstairs to my room. When I got to my room, I saw Mattia.

Me: "what are you doing in here?"
Mattia: "I went exploring."
Me: "okay well this is my room."
Mattia: "I can see that. Nice gift basket by the way. I didn't know you had any friends besides us.

He found the basket. And got into it.

Me: "don't touch that. I'm serious."
Mattia: "too late. I already ate half of the shit in there."

I started to tear up.

Me: "get the fuck out. Now."
Mattia: "aye they're just snacks. It's not that big of a deal."

I shoved him out, locked my door and cried. Obviously, they're just snacks but that's something I linked to my mom. I ran to the basket and looked for the card. Thankfully, it was still there, untouched. I felt relieved. I cleaned myself up, grabbed a blanket and headed downstairs. Mattia was sitting at my kitchen table. Why is he still here? I was just going to try to have fun and ignore him for the rest of the night. I gave Kairi the blanket and sat down with the rest of the boys. Everyone fell asleep after a while. Mattia was still awake but I turned off the lights and the t.v. and started walking upstairs. "Night." Keeping my promise, I ignored him and went to bed.

Word count: 433