Chapter 9

Mattia's POV:
It starts now. Please don't mess something up again.

Veronica's POV:
Me: "where did the boys go?"
Mattia: "they said they're gonna go find somewhere to jump in."
Me: "and you didn't wanna go?"
Mattia: "heights? Hell no."

I didn't answer after that and it just got quiet. With the sun going down, everything went golden. I look at him and his skin is perfectly shining. His eyes are golden brown in the sun. He looks so masculine but calm swimming through the water. He's just so fine. Ugh, I need to stop. He hates me so I need to stop thinking about him. He doesn't need to be that fine but still hate me. God, why does he hate me so fucking much?

Me: "why do you hate me."

I blurted it out. I didn't really mean to it just happened. I'm so stupid. I'm just gonna get hurt by what he says right now. He's pausing. Bruh, where Sophia? This is getting so awkward.

Mattia: "I don't hate you... i don't know you just don't get it."
Me: "...then why are you so mean to me?"
Mattia: "I just play with you. You get butthurt"

"Play with you?" Yeah, my feelings. I know that already. Just then Sophia and the boys came back.

Me: "why are you guys together?"
Sophia: "on my way back from the bathroom I ran into them and we just walked back together."
Alejandro: "there was nowhere to jump bro. Shits lame."

Kairi's POV:

Before they saw us, I saw them talking. I hope this helped because Mattia acting like this is mad annoying. I only told the boys and Sophia about Mattia's crush, I didn't tell them that Veronica likes him too. Hopefully it gets better from now on...

Veronica's POV:

Well now I know that he doesn't hate me... I think...? When we left we went to get food and then went back to Robert's house. I left almost as soon as I got to his house. I got home and took a shower. When I got out I saw that I had a text.

Mattia👀

Wyd rn?

Just got out of the shower.
What's up?

Can I come over rn?

Sure.

I got dressed and put my hair up. Why was he trying to come over though? I didn't really have time to think about it because the door bell ring. That was really fast. I opened the door.

Mattia: "hi."
Me: "well that was fast"

I let him in and we walked upstairs to my room.

Me: "okay, but seriously how did you get here that fast?"
Mattia: "me and Kairi were supposed go to Alejandro's house and when I pulled up, they texted me saying they're going to Roberts house now. I don't feel like back there today and I was obviously already nearby."
Me: "oh... well you can stay as long as you're not being mean."

I say this sarcastically, and we both laugh.

Mattia: "aye I gotta tell you something.. but for real this time."
Me: "um, okay."

I've never seen his mood go from playful to kind of nervous so quick. I had a feeling I wasn't gonna like what he was saying.

Mattia: "so... I have a reason for being mean to you. I mean, I don't mean to do it but it happens without even thinking about it."
Me: "... so does that mean it's because of something I did?"
Mattia: "yes and no.."

Mattia was standing against my wall and I was sitting on my bed, facing him. He started walking over and he sat next to me, keeping his head down and twiddling with his hands, out of nervousness or to avoid eye contact, who knows?

Mattia: "I like you, Veronica. I don't really know why that's so hard for me, but I thought I should tell you... You don't haven't to say anything I just thought you should have some reasoning."

My heart was beating so fast it had to be impossible for him not to see it through my chest. This could not be real. Either a dream or a prank.

Me: "um.. you're serious?"

He looked almost disappointed when I asked. He had to be serious.

Me: "I like you too, Mattia."
Mattia: "wait really?"

His eyes lit up and he gave me a sheepish smile. He gives me butterflies that no one else ever has or will. He really told me about his feelings. He makes me feel a way that words can't even explain. And I can't even explain why I feel it. He's been nothing but mean to and he still drives me crazy. He noticed that I zoned out.

Mattia: "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."
Me: "you didn't I just zoned out."

It got kind of awkward.

Me: "so... what now?"
Mattia: "do you have plans tomorrow?"
Me: "no. My dads gonna be at work until 1."
Mattia: "lets go to the fair? It's only open for another week and I haven't gone yet."
Me: "okay with you?"
Mattia: "me and you..?"

I smiled and I got one back. Already a maybe date?

Me: "okay."
Mattia: "lets make tik toks"

We got up and made a few tik toks and took a picture. After that I brushed my teeth and then turned off my light so we could watch movie. I liked seeing the nice and soft side of him. He put his hand on my lower back and I laid my head on his chest. I ran my fingers through his hair. I waited for this for so long. He fell asleep and snored lightly. He's so cute. I went to sleep, too. I woke up between 2 and 3 in the morning and mattia was still there. I still can't believe everything that happened. I sat up and checked my phone. I got over 70k followers in just a few hours. Huh? I had a tagged photo from Mattia. All of my insta posts had a ton of new comments. Some of them telling me I'm really pretty, some saying I'm really ugly, some telling me that Mattia could do better. I shrugged it off. They're all fan pages anyways. I put my phone back on the nightstand and laid back on his chest as he put his arms around me and hugged me. All in his sleep. Ok, but this has to be what heaven feels like. I fell back asleep cuddling again. Everything made sense now. I feel so relived about all the drama from the past weeks.

Word count: 1104
Authors note: I AM SORRY !! I lost my notebook with all my writings and just barely found it 🥺 I will try to update in the next week.