Chapter 10

WARNING: mature content.

Veronica's POV:

We woke up at around 10 and got ready. I texted my dad to tell him I was going out and we left the house. We went to chick-fil-a and ate. While we were there, 3 girls walked up and asked to get a picture with Mattia and for his snap. There was also an older guy behind them staring at me. I got a little uncomfortable and mouthed to Mattia to hurry. They took a picture but he never added them back on Snapchat. They walked away and we left. I told him what happened when we got back in the car. All he said was "ew" but he looked weirded out. We got to the fair and bought our tickets. We went on a ton of rides and spent hundreds of dollars of them. We got on the Ferris wheel and mattia put his arms around me. He got out his phone and took a picture of us. He set it as his lock screen. We were playing around when Mattia got all serious and was bouncing his eyes back and forth between mine and my lips. He slowly scooted closer to me and grabbed my chin. I leaned in, too and we kissed. I smiled as he pulled away. He smiled back. I looked down not knowing what to say. Like, that finally happened. We went to the bathroom and I stayed outside while Mattia went inside. The fair was pretty dead at this point, almost closing time. Someone else was walking towards the bathroom so I moved against the wall, out of their way. The fair bathroom was decently secluded from the rest of the grounds. It was getting pretty dark and the only visible light was right above my head. I couldn't see who the figure was until they got about 10 feet away, maybe less. I could tell that it was the guy with those girls earlier. He was approaching pretty aggressively, but I tried to ignore it. I went on my phone, pretending not to pay attention until he was right up on me.

Man: " my girls weren't happy earlier."
Me: "I'm sorry?"
Man: "tell him to add them back now."
Me: "I have to go, sorry."

I put my phone back in my pocket and took a step. The man shoved me back into the wall.

Man: "where's your little boyfriend?"
Me: "h-he's not here."
Man: "so I got you all to myself?
Me: "Get off me!"

He was already on me, now smirking looking me up and down. He had his hand on my thigh now.

Man: "last chance beautiful"

I started crying. I closed my eyes and tried to squirm away. This only made him more impatient. But then Mattia walked out of the door and saw what was happening. He grabbed the back of the guys collar on his shirt and punched him in the face. The guy quickly crawled away and I was bawling at this point. I fell to the ground. Mattia turned around and picked me up from my waist. My legs were wrapped around him and I just kept crying. He held the back of my head and then I felt a sore spot.

Mattia: "you're bleeding."

The back of my head started bleeding when I got shoved and I barely even noticed.

Mattia's POV:

This mother fucker was all over and touching my girl AND hurt her to the point where she's bleeding.

Me: "I'll be back. Stay here."
Veronica: "please don't leave me again..."

I really couldn't leave her alone anymore. My job is to protect her now. I never want to see her cry again. I want to be the reason she smiles.

Veronica: "can we just go home?"
Me: "yes."

I hugged her and held her hand as we walked back to the car. When we got to her house, she told me she doesn't feel safe being alone again. Her dad was working a night shift again. I came in and we laid in her room. We watched a movie and she hugged me as she fell asleep. I hugged her back and went to sleep.

Word count: 707 words

Authors note: kind of a short chapter but I hope it was juicy enough for you guys 😭😭